AT&T teams up with Lookout, the company behind the Lookout Mobile Security app for all its Android phones
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2013, 08:37 posted on
Earlier today, Lookout Inc, the company behind the widely popular Lookout Mobile Security app, announced a deal with AT&T that will see the company's software join the carrier's army of bloatware...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
This is a good idea. I have Lookout on my AT&T S3 and I love it........my only concern is that AT&T doesnt limit what Lookout normally does
2. Tuxedo (Posts: 339; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Awww HELLLL no. I don't need ATT to take care of my phone.
3. wolverinexmen9 (Posts: 111; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
T-Mobile JUMP activates the premium protection with mobile lookout... Does that mean AT&T and T-Mobile are both contracted with Lookout, but premium account with T-Mobile and basic account with AT&T?
4. lexingtonsteeley (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Thank god i have a Nexus 5, AT&T can't pull that bloatware crap on me!
5. JMartin22 (Posts: 1954; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
No thanks, no dead wait processes bogging down my battery for no reason. Stay off the WAREZ and dog on human crap and your phone will be fine.
6. Blazers (Posts: 425; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Lookout is preloaded on the Note 3, and it appears to be the premium version with no limited trial. I have all features unlocked.
8. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Android Device Manager = $∅
App Lock = $2.99 / Annum - Handy features for restricting access to System and Settings if you don't want one of those stupid Lock Screen Pins or Patterns, e.g., lets block access to Settings, Apps, Play Store, etc. Also, lets you hide App icon in App Drawer.