AT&T promises Gingerbread for all post-paid Android phones
2. Sniggly posted on 25 Jul 2011, 21:40 2 2
Um. The Captivate was released last year, so probably no Gingerbread for it, as the specification was for 2011 Android phones.
Anyway, I actually got my Atrix today and already installed Gingerbread. Yes, it has the revamped version of Blur on it. :) Welcome to my happy little Motorola family, Atrix!
7. remixfa posted on 26 Jul 2011, 11:36 0 0
the galaxyS update is still supposed to roll out at "any time". Its been live in europe for months. My vibrant has been running it for months. The captivate, being a galaxyS should get it shortly. BUT there is no excuse by this time to still be running stock software on an sgs.. lol who does that!?! :)
8. Captivate user (unregistered) posted on 13 Aug 2011, 00:38 0 0
AT&T stated already that the captivate will get the update....
3. Sniggly posted on 25 Jul 2011, 22:11 1 3
Er, never mind. The article was right. Dammit, AT&T, why did you have to contradict yourselves and make me sound wrong?!
4. networkdood posted on 25 Jul 2011, 22:41 1 0
I have Gingerbread on my captivate - UI is screaming fast...try the Sony Ericcson launcher....runs nice....
5. rwolf1984 posted on 26 Jul 2011, 08:06 0 0
Gingerbread will probably be available for the captivate a week after GS II is released...
6. dj (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 08:40 0 0
Does getting the Gingerbread update affect anything if I am using GoLauncherEX ?
I have the Atrix