AT&T promises Gingerbread for all post-paid Android phones
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7296; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Um. The Captivate was released last year, so probably no Gingerbread for it, as the specification was for 2011 Android phones.
Anyway, I actually got my Atrix today and already installed Gingerbread. Yes, it has the revamped version of Blur on it. :) Welcome to my happy little Motorola family, Atrix!
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the galaxyS update is still supposed to roll out at "any time". Its been live in europe for months. My vibrant has been running it for months. The captivate, being a galaxyS should get it shortly. BUT there is no excuse by this time to still be running stock software on an sgs.. lol who does that!?! :)
8. Captivate user (unregistered)
AT&T stated already that the captivate will get the update....
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7296; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Er, never mind. The article was right. Dammit, AT&T, why did you have to contradict yourselves and make me sound wrong?!
4. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have Gingerbread on my captivate - UI is screaming fast...try the Sony Ericcson launcher....runs nice....
5. rwolf1984 (Posts: 525; Member since: 06 Jun 2009)
Gingerbread will probably be available for the captivate a week after GS II is released...
6. dj (unregistered)
Does getting the Gingerbread update affect anything if I am using GoLauncherEX ?
I have the Atrix