AT&T prices Nokia Lumia 920 at $450 off-contract
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Nov 2012, 03:44
After the good news that Best Buy is selling the Nokia Lumia 920 for $600 off contract, we now have even better ones from AT&T…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. crapdroid666 posted on 07 Nov 2012, 03:48 3 20
i had wp7.5 and also had a wp8 simulator on it. wp8 is not that different from 7.5 to be a success. its just not fun. no live background, no custom sms tones, no 3rd party internet browsers...no mp3 ringtones...to syncronise with pc is as compliacted as Atomic Physics. to put mp3 files on windows phones is as simple as building a plane
6. lauha posted on 07 Nov 2012, 04:00 7 0
Well, if you want to use the space of your big screen by watching some cool bubble effects or wind patterns, it's okay. And if you meant that you could put stocks, news or weather reports there, you can do it with Windows Phone via Live Tiles.
And for your knowledge, with WP8 it is possible to put songs to ringtones-folder and you can use them as your ringtone. And you do not have to use the Zune-software, because these phones support USB mass-storage mode. That also means that you can move photographs, music etc from your phone to PC (and vice versa) without any additional program provided by Microsoft.
13. PhenomFaz posted on 07 Nov 2012, 05:13 5 0
At this price all I can say is....COWABUNGA!!!
This'll be my secondary phone if that's the price point
7. varunc posted on 07 Nov 2012, 04:04 2 0
You can also sync it with itunes. And the last i checked, it wasnt anywhere close to atomic physics, or building a plane.
8. eisenbricher posted on 07 Nov 2012, 04:06 4 0
Don't make me laugh. I don't want to hear all this from Apple user.
- WP8 has mass storage mode and also supports multiple video codec. Just drag and drop files.
- IE10 is great. Every reviewer has praised it for it's phenomenal speed. There are some limitations but will be updated I guess. Third party browsers are coming to windows as now wp8 supports native code.
And BTW knowing that you are iOS user, do you have access to the features you are crying about? Where is mass storage? Live wallpapers? Forget tones no one minds it nowdays.
12. gothicheart posted on 07 Nov 2012, 04:49 5 0
and how is your icrap any better, wp may be complicated coz it is a SMARTPHONE. No wonder iphone is for GRANNIES...
15. JunitoNH posted on 07 Nov 2012, 06:26 0 1
I'm glad you mentioned all these features, or lack off. You would think this day and age, especially a platform trying to survive would offer more choices.
2. mydi.maus posted on 07 Nov 2012, 03:51 0 0
not bad,but is it only the yellow color?bestbuy selling it $600. no no..
4. DerryAhmad posted on 07 Nov 2012, 03:57 7 0
At $450, the Lumia 920 does seems like a good deal!
Wish Nokia gonna sell the 920 for that price in my country. $450 - $600 seems like a good price range though.
5. varunc posted on 07 Nov 2012, 04:00 0 0
Hey guys, I might be going to the US soon and definitely seems like a good idea to pick up a Lumia at 450$ !
But im guessing its not unlocked for international use right ?
would it be east to unlock a lumia ? any help is greatly appreciated !
9. eisenbricher posted on 07 Nov 2012, 04:09 1 0
Bring one for me too, bro! Such a sweet deal :)
20. -box- posted on 07 Nov 2012, 07:39 0 0
If you buy from the carrier in the U.S., it is almost always carrier locked. And you have to wait at least 6 months to get it unlocked IF that is even an option. I got my Lumia 900 the week before it officially launched (April) and I couldn't get it unlocked until October, eve with the paid services, threatening to cancel,.and calling Nokia.
11. varunc posted on 07 Nov 2012, 04:44 0 0
yes but is it worth it ? will the phone be unlocked ?
14. Bluesky02 posted on 07 Nov 2012, 05:17 1 0
$450 that's a steal, very competitive price. Too bad over here it will be around $800.
18. vilnz posted on 07 Nov 2012, 07:12 0 0
in Latvia (EU) there is offerhttp://www.bm.lv/?l=lat&s=prod
900$ - insane, so hope that carriers will bring something more affordable
27. scoot posted on 07 Nov 2012, 15:26 0 0
Hei! Nice to hear from someone from little Latvija! I was wondering how much of us are there.
19. FranksGT posted on 07 Nov 2012, 07:17 0 10
Lol better sell it cheap. Thats the only way this Paper Weight will sell!!!!!!!
WP8 is just horrible. The hardware on the Nokia is good. But the heavy, huge phone and crap software killed it.
21. snowgator posted on 07 Nov 2012, 07:41 0 0
That is stupid cheap. I am stupid happy, stupid excited, and can actually afford that. Kinda makes me giggle.....
Wonder how cheap the 820 will be off contract?
25. tigermcm posted on 07 Nov 2012, 09:25 0 0
anyone know if I could buy it off contract and put it on tmo(US)?
26. fistigons posted on 07 Nov 2012, 11:05 0 0
It looks like it's carrier-locked, but no contract.
28. mrmooresince1979 posted on 07 Nov 2012, 15:34 0 0
All I can say is Shyt got real!!! Nokia is seriously trying to push this phone to the masses at that price I will own it once I can confirm it can be unlocked through a third party until then I will own the new nexus!! For some reason I want to own the best device on each os (except apple) and with this price as well as the nexus price it can and will happen!!
29. xq10xa posted on 07 Nov 2012, 17:32 0 0
It came out to $484.86 total with tax. I live in California so I don't know what it is in individual states. It says it should come in Friday. w00t.
31. Firangibhai.com (unregistered) posted on 27 Dec 2012, 05:23 0 0
Buy nokia lumia 920 unlocked in India:- firangibhai,com
32. fombo posted on 16 Jan 2013, 06:23 0 0
how do i get into contract so i can get the nokia lumia at $100. pls i need response. sorry for my naivity. An inquisitive mind is immune to ignorance
33. yero789 posted on 08 Mar 2013, 03:44 0 0
Whoa,so cheap for a flagship like this O.o :O this is very cheap for the offerings it has-supersensitive screen,camera with OIS,etc,etc.