AT&T officially announces the LG Nitro HD, available on December 4th
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2011, 12:38 posted on
AT&T officially announced the LG Nitro HD today, bringing the 720p dual-core LTE smartphone to customers on December 4th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Knicknevin (Posts: 138; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)
I love how a dual core 1.5 Ghz is now 'meh' on a phone. My friends just pulled a comp running 900Mhz Duron out of a closet (10 yrs old)...Oh the memories.
4. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Please come to Sprint!!! The screen sounds amazing!
7. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I know!!! I might have to get rid of my beloved 3d, but gimme LTE!!!
5. omarc26 (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
dammit I berly got my vivd last week but good thing I have 30 days to return it. I think I will for this phone..
14. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Ha, maybe I'd considering moving carriers for this phones! I'm all about a good screen and fast processing speeds!
17. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Yeah, definitely get the Nitro for the screen.
22. agamhonda (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
How can you pick an LG phone over HTC? Htc offer a lot better phone and features.
6. snowgator (Posts: 3307; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
This is a good effort from LG. With the lack of a real skin to slow it down, I wonder if it may not outperform the Sense driven ViVid from HTC and the Touchwiz driven Samsung Skyrocket?
13. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Not sure about AT&T/Skyrocket performance but Touchwiz 4.0 is quite the improvement over the 3.0 in performance department due to the various hardware accelerations that it has baked within. Also it's more of a launcher/web browser more than anything else and it should be a breeze to install one of many launcher alternatives such as adw, LP, and GoLauncher, etc
8. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
C'mon Sprint! My Evo 3d a great phone, but after 6 months it shouldn't be the best phone on a network. My wishlist that is probably impossible anyways: at least a 720p screen (not Pentile matrix/Super AMOLED), a quad-core 2 ghz processor, 2 GB of RAM, 10 MP camera. Evo 2z anyone? (backwards order, from 4g to 3d to 2z for its processor ;)
9. sgogeta4 (Posts: 392; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Just like more horsepower doesn't mean a better car, better specs doesn't mean it's going to be a better phone. I'd rather have a 5MP Nokia camera than a 10MP one. Camera sensors in phones don't have the clarity to reproduce good images past the two digit MP range yet. Similarly, I'd rather have a good dual core phone with integrated LTE chipset than an unoptimized quad core.
19. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 804; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
@ sgogeta4 you said: "Camera sensors in phones don't have the clarity to reproduce good images past the two digit MP range yet."
Are you 100% sure about that? heard about the Nokia N8?
20. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Hear about DSLR? There is some merits to what he's saying. Sensor size makes a huge impact on picture quality.
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Well, if LG was going to announce this device, At&t just stole the spotlight from the LG event.
12. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
This phone interests me now. I've never had an LG phone before so I'm leary about it. For example, it doesn't have a real skin integrated so does it have cool features like the weather thing that HTC, and now Samsung, use? But it does look appealing. I was gonna go with the Skyrocket but the fact that it has an ALL plastic casing with "easily scratchable glass" has me wondering. If anyone has the equivalent to this phone, please post how it is.
15. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2011; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
After LG thrill... I won't mess with LG again... (lack of updates)
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5649; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
LG might have the best AT&T LTE handset here. o:
18. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1009; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
sounds good.....i'll wait till LTE comes to STL then i can make my choice when im ready to upgrade
23. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I love lg phones. But where is lg's windows phone 7.5. (Not talking about jil sander)