AT&T officially announces the LG Nitro HD, available on December 4th
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Nov 2011, 12:38
AT&T officially announced the LG Nitro HD today, bringing the 720p dual-core LTE smartphone to customers on December 4th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Knicknevin posted on 28 Nov 2011, 13:13 8 0
I love how a dual core 1.5 Ghz is now 'meh' on a phone. My friends just pulled a comp running 900Mhz Duron out of a closet (10 yrs old)...Oh the memories.
4. jamrockjones posted on 28 Nov 2011, 13:39 0 0
Please come to Sprint!!! The screen sounds amazing!
7. Cwebb posted on 28 Nov 2011, 13:54 0 0
I know!!! I might have to get rid of my beloved 3d, but gimme LTE!!!
5. omarc26 posted on 28 Nov 2011, 13:47 4 2
dammit I berly got my vivd last week but good thing I have 30 days to return it. I think I will for this phone..
14. jamrockjones posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:31 0 0
Ha, maybe I'd considering moving carriers for this phones! I'm all about a good screen and fast processing speeds!
22. agamhonda posted on 29 Nov 2011, 19:52 0 0
How can you pick an LG phone over HTC? Htc offer a lot better phone and features.
6. snowgator posted on 28 Nov 2011, 13:51 0 0
This is a good effort from LG. With the lack of a real skin to slow it down, I wonder if it may not outperform the Sense driven ViVid from HTC and the Touchwiz driven Samsung Skyrocket?
13. ph00ny posted on 28 Nov 2011, 15:25 0 0
Not sure about AT&T/Skyrocket performance but Touchwiz 4.0 is quite the improvement over the 3.0 in performance department due to the various hardware accelerations that it has baked within. Also it's more of a launcher/web browser more than anything else and it should be a breeze to install one of many launcher alternatives such as adw, LP, and GoLauncher, etc
8. Cwebb posted on 28 Nov 2011, 13:58 2 3
C'mon Sprint! My Evo 3d a great phone, but after 6 months it shouldn't be the best phone on a network. My wishlist that is probably impossible anyways: at least a 720p screen (not Pentile matrix/Super AMOLED), a quad-core 2 ghz processor, 2 GB of RAM, 10 MP camera. Evo 2z anyone? (backwards order, from 4g to 3d to 2z for its processor ;)
9. sgogeta4 posted on 28 Nov 2011, 14:09 1 0
Just like more horsepower doesn't mean a better car, better specs doesn't mean it's going to be a better phone. I'd rather have a 5MP Nokia camera than a 10MP one. Camera sensors in phones don't have the clarity to reproduce good images past the two digit MP range yet. Similarly, I'd rather have a good dual core phone with integrated LTE chipset than an unoptimized quad core.
19. XiphiasGladius posted on 28 Nov 2011, 22:17 0 0
@ sgogeta4 you said: "Camera sensors in phones don't have the clarity to reproduce good images past the two digit MP range yet."
Are you 100% sure about that? heard about the Nokia N8?
20. ph00ny posted on 28 Nov 2011, 23:10 0 0
Hear about DSLR? There is some merits to what he's saying. Sensor size makes a huge impact on picture quality.
11. skymitch89 posted on 28 Nov 2011, 14:35 0 0
Well, if LG was going to announce this device, At&t just stole the spotlight from the LG event.
12. Forsaken77 posted on 28 Nov 2011, 15:19 0 0
This phone interests me now. I've never had an LG phone before so I'm leary about it. For example, it doesn't have a real skin integrated so does it have cool features like the weather thing that HTC, and now Samsung, use? But it does look appealing. I was gonna go with the Skyrocket but the fact that it has an ALL plastic casing with "easily scratchable glass" has me wondering. If anyone has the equivalent to this phone, please post how it is.
15. CX3NT3_713 posted on 28 Nov 2011, 17:54 0 0
After LG thrill... I won't mess with LG again... (lack of updates)
16. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Nov 2011, 20:04 0 0
LG might have the best AT&T LTE handset here. o:
18. Jeradiah3 posted on 28 Nov 2011, 21:49 0 0
sounds good.....i'll wait till LTE comes to STL then i can make my choice when im ready to upgrade
23. Jericho posted on 01 Dec 2011, 00:45 0 0
I love lg phones. But where is lg's windows phone 7.5. (Not talking about jil sander)