AT&T now rolling out Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520
1. Federated (Posts: 261; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
Waiting for Nokia Lumia 1525 this coming fall.
2. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Do carriers bloat up WP?
If so, shame on them.
3. hurrycanger (Posts: 1557; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Yep, these phones come with carrier apps. xD
But the good thing is that these pre-installed apps can be uninstalled just like any other app, so it's not a big deal.
8. elitewolverine (Posts: 5117; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
They do but the bloat doesnt run automatically like others and can be uninstall with ease and not just 'hidden'.
4. elaizon (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Is it possible to "down grade" once you've installed the preview?
6. jibraihimi (Posts: 755; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
will any successor tō 1520 release this year...? or has Satya Nadella, cancelled it also.....??
11. elitewolverine (Posts: 5117; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I hope not, already seen the prototype in use at a work event, lovely red color and great screen (quadhd according to rep). So if they do, they will have test devices that they need to pull back.
7. Doakie (Posts: 1890; Member since: 06 May 2009)
No 520 update? I'm still waiting. I thought Windows Phones were all going to get updates simultaneously?
9. elitewolverine (Posts: 5117; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Most carriers will roll out updates such as these over a weeks time to not kill the call center techs if things dont go right or for questions. I know at tmo it is about a 2 week full span for markets at times depending on the update and how 'critical' the update is. Like the s5/note3 update that fixed the bricked android update for sms, it rolled to everyone, but other updates took a few days to get to everyone.