AT&T makes HTC Vivid ICS update official, outlines which other phones have ICS incoming
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2012, 14:29 posted on
AT&T is announcing official availability of ICS and Sense 3.6 to all HTC Vivid customers, as well as a list of Android phones that can expect an ICS update in the coming months...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. DechyX (Posts: 118; Member since: 16 May 2011)
i don't know if I want to get the Vivid or wait for the Titan II... decisions, decisions
3. rayman173 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Yeah I feel you on that one.........I have a windows phone right now but I'm not sure if I want to switch back to android or not.......
4. DechyX (Posts: 118; Member since: 16 May 2011)
i love Android... but windows is so smooth, simple and nice to look at... idk, lol
17. rayman173 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Very true I own an LG Quantum so I can attest. Your decision is probably going to come down to Customization vs. Simplicity. If you go with Android you can customize the crap out of it yet that will cause occasional slow downs and quick battery drain. If you go with Windows, the O.S. is lag and stutter free but you lack a lot of customization options that you get with Android. So I really don't know at this point my contract ends in June so I've got plenty of time to think about it. When does your contract end?
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5673; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you should probably get the One X if it's really such a tough decision between those particular phones for you. o:
6. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Thats a touch choice lol........but id go with the Titan II because of the size of the phone and Im hearing that the battery life is better than the Vivid
7. md227a (Posts: 135; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
AT&T needs to push the update for the I-777, the international carriers are getting it now, so its ready.
I didn't realize how close the vivid and the sensation where for it to be getting ICS this soon. Go figure AT&T is the first major US carrier to push an update to ICS
8. imkyle (Posts: 1039; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I can tell you that the unlocked UK galaxy s ii phones do not have ics yet. You may get it before they do.
9. Orbitman (Posts: 110; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
wow, and the Nexus S 4G still hasn't gotten ICS. congrats to the Vivid customers though!
11. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Right?? So much for the "advantage" of buying a so called nexus phone =P Root is always the solution for everything lol
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6977; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
HELL WITH U AT&T. WHEN WILL MY ATRIX GETS SOME TASTY ICE CREAM SAND WHICH?
13. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, the Captivate Glide is getting ICS, but not the original Captivate? Ah well, thanks to XDA and their Fusion ROM - who cares.....
14. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
Exactly! I'm running an early version of cm9 right now for i-777. Its a little buggy but it works pretty well. Few more days and we should have a stable beta
16. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Desire HD is getting it, so if you root, you will get some delicious official ICS from HTC...