AT&T launching a new $65 prepaid plan with 1GB of data October 7 , undercuts Verizon with $15
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Oct 2012, 02:27
AT&T's new $65 prepaid plan will offer unlimited talk, free text to over 100 countries, and 1GB of data monthly with a GoPhone. That is $15 less than Verizon's $80 plan for the same thing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mas11 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 03:10 0 2
Nope, If you go prepaid just buy a Galaxy Nexus for $350 and use Straight Talk for $45/month unlimited everything.http://www.androidauthority.co
4. remixfa posted on 02 Oct 2012, 07:59 2 1
Tmobile is better than straight talk. The internet is faster, you still get customer service, and you get the entire network instead of 70% of it like straight talk.
12. mas11 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 12:07 1 0
It's $5/month more and they throttle your data after 500 MB.http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 02 Oct 2012, 12:36 0 0
what does that mean they throttle your data? if you dont mind me asking
16. mas11 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 13:20 2 0
It means they slow down your data speeds.
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 02 Oct 2012, 16:27 0 0
wow......should of known that but thanks.........also, does straight talk throttle your speeds after using so much MB?
20. remixfa posted on 02 Oct 2012, 19:02 0 0
exactly what were you looking at?
The plans are 30,50,60,70. All unlimited data, just different throttles.
If you get on a contract plan they brought back true unlimited.
14. jenna_23 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 13:03 0 0
I had straight talk and it offers service tru at&t obviously and t-mobile also and had better coverage with the at&t straight talk sim than the t-mobile sim.. I dumped them both and now have a different company.
2. FranksGT posted on 02 Oct 2012, 07:34 1 0
Sounds good to me, im sick of Contracts. Only thing is, will my Micro sim work for prepaid?
6. -box- posted on 02 Oct 2012, 08:43 1 0
Depends on the carrier. Many prepaid carriers do not support high-end smartphones, which, now, typically has MicroSIMs
19. remixfa posted on 02 Oct 2012, 19:00 0 0
It will on Tmobile. They dont care what phone u use as long as its GSM. If its not Tmobile or pentaband 3G, you wont have 3g/4g though.
3. remixfa posted on 02 Oct 2012, 07:56 2 0
yaay.. woo hoo.. for $60 on Tmobile you get unlimited talk and text with unlimited web (2 gig before throttle cap). $70 for the same but with 5 gigs of web
Or you can opt for the tech users favorite. $30 for 100 mins, unl text, and 5 gigs web before throttle.
All up to 42mb/s depending on your device. And prepaids on Tmobile can have phone insurance.
5. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 02 Oct 2012, 08:02 0 1
here in India I pay about $19 for 6GB of 3g data + 200 mins of calling + 200 text + unlimited CUG
7. -box- posted on 02 Oct 2012, 08:44 2 0
Yeah, but how much do you pay for phones? It all balances out
9. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 02 Oct 2012, 09:04 0 0
you have to buy your phone means no subsidies but that makes everything else cheaper. i have a corporate plan so apart from 6GB data i also get unlimited CUG (closed user group), means i get unlimited minutes for calling people in my company.
10. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 02 Oct 2012, 09:07 1 0
no kiddin. we have 3G but no LTE. govt. just held an auction few months back for lte spectrum but i dont think 4g/LTE gonna be here anytime soon. probably by end of 2013 may be.
15. jenna_23 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 13:10 1 1
@ bfrenz I guess u havent gone overseas ? . They have 3G and its fast. Even mexico they dnt have LTE but there 3G is faster than most 3G networks in the US its like t-mobile running at 42mbps hspa+ in mexico so no need for LTE sure they announced LTE for this year. So yea other places like india mexico etc have 3G or 4G not only the US ..
11. CheerfulCharlie posted on 02 Oct 2012, 11:14 1 0
That price with truly unlimited, unteathered data and voice and you will be getting somewhere.
21. Bfrenz posted on 02 Oct 2012, 19:36 0 0
Actually I've been to Mexico and some European countries on my vacation but not any Asian. Thats great though.