AT&T launches LTE service in 5 new markets, expands in 4 others
In the meantime, folks in these markets can now start enjoying LTE service from AT&T:
- Oxford, Mississippi
- Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Springfield, Massachusetts
- Melbourne, Florida
- Tuscan, Arizona
For good measure, AT&T announced expansions around these major markets as well:
- Salt Lake City, Utah – Areas of Glendale, Granger, West Valley City, Taylorsville, Kearns and Bennion
- Middlesex County, New Jersey – Plainsboro, North & South Brunswick, Milltown, and other areas
- Phoenix, Arizona – Chandler, Gilbert and Queen Creek
- Los Angeles, California – Stretching into San Fernando Valley and the Inland Empire
So there you have it. Go forth and enjoy the new and expanded coverage.
source: AT&T (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
1. Bowdlerized (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Noticed LTE where I live (outside LA) on the 17th. Not up to the speeds I get when I go to San Diego, but I guess that is because Qualcomm is centered there?
7-10Mbps up and 6-8Mbps down from my home with three to four bars. In San Diego I get an average of 25-50Mbps Up and 10-15Mbps Down. Craziness.
Edit: Samsung Galaxy S3
2. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
@Bowdlerized I noticed the same thing on the 17th here in Riverside. I didn't know I wasn't getting LTE because my HSPA+ speeds were pretty fast(and WP8 lacks a good and accurate speed test app). I've been averaging about 12mb down and 5 up. Another unexpected change has been better battery life the past couple days too. Maybe because with LTE my signal's stronger and the phone doesn't spend as much time searching in places where the signal doesn't usually penetrate. Just a theory.
3. Cgood311 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Yup! Noticed in the Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga CA area we finally have LTE. Rancho I have gotten 20mbps while in Ontario 7-12 Mbps here and there. I noticed my speeds in Anaheim where LTE has been for awhile around the Disney area is very patchy now with some areas having no data at all.
4. xq10xa (Posts: 138; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I got LTE in the Alta Loma area...and Chino....didn't have time to test.