AT&T is now selling netbooks
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Apr 2009, 16:22
Netbooks at promotional prices are now available at AT&T's select stores...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. belve14 posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
Both Verizon and Att just want it all cant stick to just phones...I bet for both companies it will be a waste
3. artz1986 posted on 01 Apr 2009, 16:43 0 0
What's wrong with having it all? I mean, AT&T already offers tv and home internet, why not this? If they have the capabilities, go for it.
4. vzw fanman posted on 01 Apr 2009, 16:46 0 0
at&t offers tv and home internet?? why dont i ever see commercials or ads??
5. DonLouie posted on 01 Apr 2009, 16:51 0 0
ATT, has a bunch of tv spots for internet, tv and home phones
8. sinfulta posted on 01 Apr 2009, 18:32 0 0
It depends on your Market Area. ATT does not support nationwide service all over for home internet and TV. Same with Verizon. Only in certain market areas. California is a good example, where Verizon controls Southern California and is a local provider as well as offer TV and internet services, where in Northern California it's ATT that offers those services. If you live in California, you see commericals for both companies all the time but depending on where you live in the state it's only one or the other.
9. vzw fanman posted on 01 Apr 2009, 19:01 0 0
i live in upstate NY and only see verizon commercials. not once have i seen at&t commercials for home internet even when i went to florida for 2 weeks...
14. phoneguy posted on 02 Apr 2009, 07:16 0 0
because att is more than just a wireless company. I bet you didnt know that verizons parent company Verizon Communications offers Broadband home internet and phone service in parts of the company not to mention has a business segment called Verizon Business.
15. belve14 posted on 02 Apr 2009, 09:14 0 0
This is true however in this economy trying to sell a laptop will be pretty hard considering its probably not on the top hundred things for most people to buy
16. vzw fanman posted on 02 Apr 2009, 10:21 0 0
yea i know that phoneguy i said all i see is verizon commercials. i have timewarner, its better
17. Miacol posted on 02 Apr 2009, 13:31 0 0
Mind you Verizon Wireless parent company is also Vodafone.
2. Jyakotu posted on 01 Apr 2009, 16:41 0 0
Well, AT&T is all ready ahead in the Internet game.
7. vasser7 (unregistered) posted on 01 Apr 2009, 18:28 0 0
What kind of netbooks are they for $49.99. I'm even cheap decent mini netbooks are a couple hundred or more. Is there going to be barely any memory on them and be uselss or what?
10. artz1986 posted on 01 Apr 2009, 19:37 0 0
They're probably subsidized seeing how you have to sign up for their broadband services
12. johnkzin posted on 02 Apr 2009, 06:20 0 0
I wonder if it's only supporting the Windows version of the Dell mini-9, and not the Ubuntu version... and I've been trying to confirm that you can just do the mobile internet plan instead of having to do the plan that combines mobile internet (with a lower monthly cap) and DSL (which I don't need).
13. johnkzin posted on 02 Apr 2009, 06:21 0 0
Oh, and, I also want to know when this thing is going be available in Silicon Valley.