AT&T finally gets its version of the Google Nexus S - going on sale July 24th
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Jul 2011, 10:42
After arriving on the scene more than half a year ago, AT&T customers can now rejoice in knowing that the carrier is getting its own specific version of the beloved Google Nexus S. Actually, this AT&T optimized Nexus S...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Tre-Nitty posted on 21 Jul 2011, 11:00 1
A good deal for a good smartphone but way to many other devices coming out soon to waste money on it but definitely a good deal.
7. BobbyTaba posted on 21 Jul 2011, 15:12 0
Verizon if You get this I will be disappointed unless it has a dual core processor qhd display 8mp camera
3. bob224 (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 12:30 0
sounds like a good phone, but the timing is wrong. great phone to watch for on craigslist and pick it up after someone has buyers remorse
4. iphone sux it (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 12:52 0
yeah def will pick it up for free as soon as bestbuy drops it's real world price to free. it is only worth using an upgrade on, but only at a free price. at&t always waits till the last minute to do anything. they are full of themselves obviously. just wait until they ruin tmobile. i dream of those cingular days.
5. pilottalk2 posted on 21 Jul 2011, 14:16 0
if it was hspa+ enabled i would be the phone for me
6. skymitch89 posted on 21 Jul 2011, 14:20 2
We all know that most of At&t's 3G area is as fast, if not at times faster then, Sprint's 4G.
8. networkdood posted on 21 Jul 2011, 15:53 0
At the present rate of network buildouts - VERIZON 4G LTE may just pass SPRINT 4G and SPRINT has had 4G for quite a while. AT&T should have gone with the '4G' version, and the phone only has 512 MB RAM. Other than that, the phone is excellent.
9. M0nkeyBr posted on 21 Jul 2011, 16:06 1
Now with all the dual-cores and 1.2 processors
This doesnt seem very high end anymore
10. Heatfan316 (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 16:16 0
Nexus s should have been the first dual core phone Samsung messed up badly with this phone could have been a game changer.
11. InspectorGadget80 posted on 21 Jul 2011, 19:32 0
Feel like I got screwed out of my Atrix yet again. Feel like breaking my phone right now and tell AT&T to give me the Nexus S.
14. jakev0z (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 17:19 0
me too! I'm returning it today, and either getting the iphone, inspire 4g, or this.
15. BeardRex (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 22:54 1
Why would you trade the Atrix for this? Unless this phone has some seriously updated technology (meaning not just the same as the current Nexus S). The Atrix is far superior. The screen is better, it has more power, and the battery life is better on the atrix. I went to the at&t store to check out the atrix the other day and I was really impressed. I'm holding out to see how if this is going to be a Nexus S+ or just an outdated phone. The Atrix is the same price and is just better on every front. If you want it to have 2.3, just root it.
12. Jyakotu posted on 22 Jul 2011, 01:20 1
AT&T's 3G speeds are actually pretty good, so it not being a "4G" phone is fine. Also, it's a good Android phone for those who want to stay updated with the latest Android OS version.
13. bubba78 posted on 22 Jul 2011, 06:25 0
It will be either the first or more than likely second phone running Ice Cream Sandwich when it comes out.