AT&T details its network upgrades in western Pennsylvania
Some of the upgrades include:
- Deploying enhanced backhaul connections to more than 200 cell sites. Combined with HSPA+ technology, these backhaul deployments enable 4G speeds.
- Adding capacity or an extra layer of frequency - which is like adding lanes to a highway - to nearly 300 cell sites.
- Activating 11 new cell sites to improve network coverage and upgrading more than 120 existing cell sites to provide faster mobile broadband speeds.
"More than ever before, customers look to wireless communications to stay in touch with family, friends and business colleagues," said J. Michael Schweder, president, AT&T New Jersey and Pennsylvania. "We're working to make this possible by investing in new wireless coverage in the area."
AT&T stated that it plans to continue these types of upgrades nationwide in order to increase network speed, coverage, and reliability for its services. It also plans to install radio carriers at thousands of cell sites nationwide in order to add capacity to support the over 8,000% growth it has achieved in mobile data traffic, as well as its future growth plans.
source: PR Newswire
1. GALAXY-S posted on 29 Dec 2011, 10:13 6 0
There you go At&T finaly, doing something usefull with that 39$ billion dollars
2. JeffdaBeat posted on 29 Dec 2011, 10:19 2 3
AT&T is always making these kind of upgrades. We used to get emails all the time when there were new cell towers or enhancements. I never see the difference, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
3. Socalvenom posted on 29 Dec 2011, 11:52 1 0
Instead of taking over the competition with the excuse of improving the service it's good to know that AT&T's using their brains to upgrade their slowed down system but at the same time I question the acts since by improving the towers resulting in faster and better service why can't we get a better data package it seems like 2gb's isn't enough anymore
and AT&T should also give their customers a better deal to go along with their new upgraded system it's only fare. We pay their bills we should get something better in return and for those who contradict me on this think about it this way If you paid you mortgage on time for the whole year as a responsible home owner shouldn't your mortgage lender reward you by paying one of your months payment for you? We all know that s**ts never gonna happen, but if it did wouldn't that be nice?
4. kaylee91 posted on 29 Dec 2011, 19:32 0 2
In my eyes AT&T sucks and even though I live in pa I would never get them
5. Forsaken77 posted on 29 Dec 2011, 21:11 0 0
So being you think AT&T sux then I know you definately don't have Sprint or Tmobile right? Cause if AT&T sux, then you can just wipe your ass with the service you get from Sprint/Tmobile. So that only leaves Verizon. Cause you can't say the second best carrier in the nation sux and then think the 3rd and 4th are any good.