AT&T confirms ICS delay for Samsung Galaxy S II, hopes to bring it back soon
0. phoneArena 22 Jun 2012, 15:03 posted on
On Thursday we told you how a AT&T customer used Live Chat to find out from a rep that the Android 4.0 update was live for a brief period of time before getting pulled for what the carrier technical reasons; in a statement AT&T says the update will be back soon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the world most "advanced" OS cannot get past a carrier for updates.. only in Android...
3. tedkord (Posts: 9041; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, you don't troll android articles.
Now, back to the item at hand. Fortunately for ATT Galaxy S2 owners, Gingerbread is already more functional than any competing mobile OS.
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well good because thats Android version you will be staying..
7. tedkord (Posts: 9041; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not much longer, then they widen the gap over competitors.
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thats was said back in Jan 2012... and when ICS comes to the SGSII ohhh 4.1 will be here and here we go again...
10. tedkord (Posts: 9041; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And when iOS 6 gets here, the iPhone 4 still won't have Siri or turn by turn nav. Meanwhile, any phones still with Gingerbread will still be more functional.
12. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
could not defend yourself and decided to change topics.. cool...I will talk Apple on an Apple article..
13. tedkord (Posts: 9041; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Defend myself? I don't have an SGS2. I don't need to defend myself, least of all against your wit.
I simply crafted my response to be like yours, do you could possibly see how retarded it was.
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and had to insult because you didnt have anything intelligent to say.. yes call me names insult my answers.. that fact is that the Galaxy line will never have the official Android version for more than 6 months...if you think I am retarted well just google it. and see it for your self..
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nexus will have the 4.1, cause its Google's own reference phone!
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
yes but the Nexus is the least advertise device, next to the SGSIII and now the Note
18. Ivan6479 (Posts: 249; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You talk a whole lot of nonsense gallito. You must have nothing better to do since you found out that the newest iPhone that isn't even out yet will still be way behind what Android had to offer on Froyo. LOL I know the news from iOS6 was quite disappointing for all Apple fans, but instead of taking out your frustrations on us by trying to troll why don't you spend that energy looking at buying a real phone (aka Android). :)
21. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
let's pretend you are right and I troll because I am butt hurt about iOS and I troll.. notice that I am the only one trolling?... 1-2 trolls at the most on Android articles but why do fandroids troll on Apple articles.. explain that to me.. ahh yes you guys are nice and are opening eyes since 2007... lol...
22. Ivan6479 (Posts: 249; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well lets face it most other iOS fans are not trolling because they have finally come to realization that there lovely OS isn't as great as they had once thought it was. LOL Unfortunately there are still a few of you out there that, still haven't realized that, but you will soon. Good luck on your future Mobile purchase. ;)
23. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so just because you say so .. let me tell you something I tried Android didnt li ke it. went to Apple and iOS works for me.. why is that wrong?.. I nerver persuade people to try iOs never.. i just defend my decision that iOS is the best OS for me.. respect that
4. jove39 (Posts: 1669; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...instead of saying only in Adroid...only with samsung and at&t makes more sense...because people already have (of course not all) ICS running on their sgs2...hit post (aokp ics build) link right below...it have over 1.2 million views...people don't wait for samsung or att...in Android world user is a king.
2. twcobra (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Good thing for custom ROMS. I would grow to old to enjoy my Ice Cream Sandwich if I had to wait for AT&T.
14. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Right there with you. ICS stil not available on the note except for leaked builds. Thank goodness for the devs at cm9!! kang power!
5. JGuinan007 (Posts: 666; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Any word on ICS for the Galaxy Note I717?
15. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Trust me buddy, go root and get yourself a nice little custom build. Goldie is a pretty nice and actually the new touchwiz does well. It still maintains S pen functionality along with an updated touchwiz and other goodies from SGS III - S Voice, Snote, S Memo - etc.
8. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Never wait for a carrier for the update - go to XDA's website and they will have ICS waiting for phone.
GB in itself is more advanced than iOS - wait until you get a taste of iCS, though.
19. JGuinan007 (Posts: 666; Member since: 19 May 2011)
It's not so much the Carriers official ICS release I want it's the Source code that has to be released afterwards I really want thats when roms really work
11. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
I have the leaked ICS version on my AT&T SGS2 Skyrocket and it's really not much different than GB. Touchwiz dilutes most of the changes. I'd like for Samsung to release their new version of TW, the one on the S3, for other Galaxy models.
24. BenCjamin (Posts: 80; Member since: 13 May 2011)
Forsaken, if you still have Touchwiz on your phone then you need to load a different launcher on your phone because ICS is amazing when touchwiz isn't hindering it.
25. Jacng7227 (Posts: 7; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
I had a live chat with AT&T. at 1230pm est Sunday June 24th, 2012
You are now chatting with 'Agent AT&T'
Agent AT&T: Thank you for contacting AT&T Tech Chat I have reviewed your pre survey I see you are wondering about issues with the 4.0 and if the 4.0 on the keis was the official re;
Agent AT&T: lease.
Agent AT&T: One moment please.
Agent AT&T: That is the official version of the 4.0
Customer: ok so that means it's ok to download?
Agent AT&T: Yes it is .
Customer: ok one more question. why was there no announcement of the update?
Agent AT&T: It was just released Thursday .Why att didnt annouce it I dont know.