AT&T brings LTE to St. Louis, expands in Staten Island
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2012, 06:44 posted on
AT&T’s ultra-fast 4G LTE network might not have the coverage Verizon has, but it’s catching up. The newest additions to AT&T’s list of LTE markets are St. Louis and New York’s Staten Island…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. omarc26 (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
why does the right side always have more coverage??? same with the verizon map which i just looked at so its not an at&t thing only wether its 3G or 4G coverage both verizon and at&t always show more in the right side of the map can anyone explain why??
9. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 819; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
"the right side"
That's the East.
It has a greater amout of population dense areas --> more people covered per tower --> rollout faster to people --> better.
Here's another thing:
Key West is a small little place. Not many people really live here, but there's tons of tourists. This means, there's lots of users. So, this spot is better for the companies than high-residental cities.
2. PAPINYC (limited) (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
What's their definition of expanding on Staten Island:
moving a Micro-Cell Tower 10 feet to the right or service on that tugboat called the Staten Island Ferry?
3. JGuinan007 (Posts: 605; Member since: 19 May 2011)
When is AT&T LTE coming to Philadelphia?
4. thesilentnight (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Wow, last week, the LTE service was supposed to be coming to Baton Rouge...it still has not! Whats going on ATT??
6. tiberius183 (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Still sleepless in Seattle waiting for it...
7. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 932; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
This is good news for me because I live in St Louis and ive been waiting for the LTE switch to be turned on. Now all I have to do is to upgrade to the Note and call it a day.
This isnt as great of news like the Cardinals winning the world series last year, but its worth smiling about lol
8. -box- (Posts: 3565; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Same here. My Lumia 900 has a happy little "LTE" in the upper left corner :D