AT&T-bound HTC 'Eye' tipped to be the ultimate selfie phone, coming in Q4
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 09:15 posted on
evleaks has spoken, and the latest intel he provides is actually rather intriguing. According to the tipster, HTC is in the process of developing a new handset, codenamed 'Eye', which is set for release during Q4 this year, and will appear on at least one major US carrier -- AT&T. The name is apparently no coincidence, by the way, as the manufacturer is said to be looking to position it among the very best 'selfie' smartphones on the market. No joke, that's a thing now, or, rather, it may very soon be...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
Make sure the features won't hurt your eyes like most qhd phone did :)
3. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
wtf HTC... this is equivalent to when they made the Evo 3D and ruined the Evo brand. big mistake here...smh
5. Crossblade (Posts: 210; Member since: 21 Apr 2005)
I doubt it will beat the Huawei P7's 8MP ff cam
6. tokuzumi (Posts: 946; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
Isn't it Oppo that makes the camera that swivels from front to back? And isn't it 13MP? That's the way to do it, although I'm sure it adds height to the device, that wouldn't be there if the device had a dedicated front and rear facing cameras.
7. j.khan95 (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
We alreaady have 5 or 8mp cameras on almost all chinese phones from last 1.5 years,
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2256; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
First a Facebook phone, now a selfie phone.. Smh.. Trash
17. amro99 (Posts: 105; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I would add cha cha and evo 3d to this list also. I think HTC should first address its rear camera which has raised so many complaints! Having a better ff camera than m8's is really not necessary. Even most of m8 reviews have totally ignored its superior ff camera
11. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Th e Chinese phones with 8MP front cameras are the best selfie phones and they are old...
12. karkavelas (Posts: 70; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
First of all, just because you don't make selfies doesn't mean that other people don't care about that.
If you see on Facebook everybody puts selfies.
Second more megapixel doesn't mean better and you know that all ready from random camera test results.
Third I don't thing that companies who put more megapixel in front didn't make a research before.
Forth it's the only sector to a smartphone that the big companies like "Samsung and Apple" don't care about so the other "small" companies who want to show their selfs invest on that so they can put it after to their marketing campaign and hit them with this plus+ that they have.
P.S. sorry for my English :)
14. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Are the HTC fans gonna say now that HTC is making too many phones?
Or is that still only a Samsung problem?
15. 7Superman9 (Posts: 85; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
To be fair, it's more like a 4:1 Samsung /HTC, ss far as variants go. Second it seems as though HTC is catering to individual carriers. First the Harmon Kardon for Sprint and now this for AT&T.
16. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Also though, If Samsung has 4x as many user, they would need many different devices since one device does not fit all.
19. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Most Samsung phones don't even get released here and they are only covered because they are Samsung.
20. baldilocks (Posts: 739; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Just hope they don't call it the HTC One Eye.
21. ShaPeShifter (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
most probably will be like oppo N1 and the one from Gionee