AT&T announces new LTE cities including Cleveland, St. Louis and Naples
0. phoneArena 12 Mar 2012, 00:55 posted on
A press release from AT&T says that the carrier will be adding LTE service to a number of cities including Cleveland, Naples, Staten Island and St. Louis; these cities will start getting 4G LTE next month, in May and into the Summer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yay for it coming to St. Louis. If only.the Note were available on a data-only plan...
2. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
When networks are new like that, they are not bogged-down at all and are extremely fun to use. I may be visiting my sister down in Naples Florida later this year and may have to swing by an ATT store to speed test some of their phones.
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeeha! Saint Louis, awesome! Now, if only we knew when exactly it was coming here...
4. bigdawg23 (Posts: 448; Member since: 25 May 2011)
I wish they would hit some larger cities. It is surprising that Minneapolis and other larger cities are not first on the list. Lucky for me I will be travelling more for work to Chicago, St. Louis and Kansas City so my fill of LTE will happen until then.
5. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
lol why would you put lte in any city in indiana other than indianapolis first really Bloomington, Lafayette and Muncie alll 3 of those cities dont even equal half the population in indianapolis
13. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Because there are major college campuses there. They are doing just like VZW did. You hit the college towns first so the students get excited about it and you have a shot at them posting to the social network feeds about it thus causing increased interest in ATT LTE and lead to more LTE phone sales.
6. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
As a fellow St. Louisan and Cardinals Fan, this is great! makes it more easier to get the Note lol
7. ph0adcbeit (Posts: 15; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Good Lord I am waiting for LTE to hit Minneapolis! I might have to make the switch to Verizon soon.
8. thesilentnight (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
The LTE service is already working in New Orleans...and goodness its incredibly fast! Heres hoping that Baton Rouge will get it soon as well!
10. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Thank God they're putting LTE in the college towns in Indiana. Their 3G network is way too populated in those areas.. I go to school in Bloomington and it's almost impossible to not drop a call anywhere near campus..
11. Carlitos (Posts: 513; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Im surprised, they still have not mention Providence, RI. A few days ago I was in the mall, did a speed test on the Galaxy Note with around 2-3 bars and it flew all the way up to 35mbps then leveled out at 32mbps.
12. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
It doesn't matter how far behind they are with Verizon, the main thing is that they're building out their LTE footprint. What I love about Charlotte, NC is that we usually get all the new wireless technology here, so we already have 4G from AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
14. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Who cares about those other states, california is the most important! lol
15. omarc26 (Posts: 360; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
haha i live in cali in LA which has at&t LTE and its SLOW hspa+ is faster idk what LA has that at&t LTE is slow ... i tested out many phones galaxy note, lg nitro , samsung skyrocket and i never really got more than 4 mbps with an LTE signal when hspa+ kicked in i.got higher speeds from 8-11 mbps switched to verizon after being with at&t 4 years never looked back im rocking 20-30 mbps on my droid razr maxx much faster than what i ever got on at&t LTE.
16. Phaze0085 (Posts: 112; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Is it Naples Florida that is getting LTE or is it Naples Italy?