AT&T and Verizon together handled 2.5TB data generated by SuperBowl attendees
0. phoneArena 05 Feb 2014, 07:33 posted on
The 2014 edition of the SuperBowl may have well set a new record with some 115 million simultaneous viewers last Sunday, but it doesn't end there. The amounts of data devoured by the 85,000 attendees at the MetLife stadium also set unprecedented records, with about 2.5TB of data being decimated by AT&T and Verizon subscribers during the game. That's on the premises of the stadium alone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So basically everyone used up their data allowance that day.
2. McFrost69 (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
Disseminate is the verb you're obviously searching for, not decimate. Decimate is what the Seahwks did to the Broncos.
3. Korgoth22 (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
Decimate works just fine in the context of his sentence, way to be a smarmy prick though...
7. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Korgoth22 is absolutely right. Decimate, as used in the context of the sentence, is perfectly legit. He's essentially just saying that those users destroyed or "went through" that much data.
4. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 220; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
sooooo vzw is just going to leave all their equipment there?...over $150 mill they spent...seems like they should of just put some COW's there..along with the other carriers...waste of money for a one day event
6. mrblah (Posts: 576; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Sprint users had no service to use, like always lol.
8. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 886; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
It's the home field for the Giants and Jets, I'm pretty sure it's not just here to stay but they will keep improving it. This is why VZW service is the most expensive but also the best. If you think a couple of COWs or COLTS could do the same or even a quarter of the work with infrastructure they put in you must be out of your mind.
5. mrblah (Posts: 576; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
2.5tbs? That's it?
False, the Broncos self-disseminated, Smarmy Prick.