AT&T already blasting Verizon's CDMA network as the "slow lane" for Apple iPhone users
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Jan 2011, 00:35
Verizon has yet to officially announce that the Apple iPhone is coming to Big Red, but already AT&T is putting down a Verizon iPhone saying that the carrier's CDMA network is too slow for iPhone users...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jonnyboy (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2011, 00:47 2 4
Wow att is angry. I would be too if I was them. Their service is whack!
2. insertfillernamehere (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2011, 01:02 3 0
I'm hoping that this would entice AT&T to bring back unlimited data plans as well as alleviate congestion on their network.
3. BobbyTaba posted on 10 Jan 2011, 01:23 2 1
I have checked my Droid incredible speed against all my friends iPhone4 in different places.( Los Angeles and Sacramento)my phone always wins. And also I used 2.3 gb and have 10 days left in my cycle so ATT won't work for me
4. Junior posted on 10 Jan 2011, 02:22 3 2
Sounds like he made the comment out of desperation. Pathetic.
5. hornetmx posted on 10 Jan 2011, 03:41 5 2
Funny. He doesnt realize that the 23% that would switch arent worried about speeds. They just want their phone to actually work as it suppossed to. Plus how can you argue having 1/5 of VZW 3G coverage. I think ATT will become the Alan Grayson of cell phones. it's gonna be fun.
8. pyckvi posted on 10 Jan 2011, 05:48 0 0
lmao! thats a good one. idk how true this is but it sure is funny.
18. Miacol posted on 10 Jan 2011, 11:33 0 0
Personally, I hope 23% go off the ATT network to VZW, for two reasons
1. It will help the ATT network, no one denys that ATT was not ready, this will help the network by far, though I never understood, how iPhone users have so much issue and people on BB/Android don't standing right next to each other.
2. It will force ATTs hand to finally be competitive again, not for nothing they need to stop acting like second class service and start acting like a first tier provider.
21. remixfa posted on 10 Jan 2011, 12:15 0 0
miacol, ATT has had years to fix the problem, but instead they would rather keep the money instead of upgrading the network. Tmobile has surpassed them in coverage. They actually have more 4g than ATT has 3g. ATT just got voted worst carrier of the big 4. Time to wake up.. lol.
7. baldilocks posted on 10 Jan 2011, 05:43 2 1
I've never had a problem with AT&T's service anywhere I go. Some people just feel the need to bash it because they are on a different network or still in high school and have nothing better to do.
9. iceman4123ca (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2011, 06:07 3 0
Great for you, I'm sure that there are a lot of AT&T users who never have a problem with their reception, otherwise they''d have all moved on to different carriers. I can tell you from personal experience that I tried to switch to AT&T from Verizon for the iphone and in a short 6 mile drive from my house to one of my restaurants I dropped a call 5 times! So be realistic, not everyone is out to bash AT&T it just depends on your local coverage.
11. baldilocks posted on 10 Jan 2011, 06:58 3 3
Try a different phone. The iPhone always drops calls. It won't be an different on Verizon.
It's the hardware, not the network.
13. ayephoner posted on 10 Jan 2011, 07:42 1 0
its not the hardware. i had a 3G for a year and a half and never had any trouble AT ALL. then i moved 20 miles down the road and didnt get service at my new home, my new job or a new friends home. switched to vzw and got full bars at all 3 locations. it differs from place to place, but around here, verizon's coverage is far superior.
24. cellgeek82 posted on 10 Jan 2011, 14:42 0 0
I agree with you. I have AT&T and their service is better than Verizon's where I live. AT&T's network is blazing fast. When I was on Verizon I felt like 3G was more like dial-up, even when I had a Android device. People like to bash AT&T because they're trying to act like the media and take stabs at anything they can.
Verizon 3G = dial-up lol
10. schafga (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2011, 06:30 2 0
More competition = Lower Prices!!! We will all be the winner!!!
12. hawk62 posted on 10 Jan 2011, 07:03 1 4
Im waiting for the iphone dropped calls on vz. The iphone is the problem but it is worth it. Still better than any droid phone.
15. tuminatr posted on 10 Jan 2011, 08:33 0 0
definitely a better status symbol , but that's about it
19. remixfa posted on 10 Jan 2011, 12:10 0 0
so hawk.. just a question, how can you say its a better phone when u admit it doesnt work well as a phone?
just curious, because that made no sence. sounds like blind fanboyism.
14. VZW611 (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2011, 08:31 4 0
"I'm not sure iPhone users are ready for life in the slow lane"
Because most have been in the stalled lane, they won't know what to do when voice, data and text work, huh?
16. Julian (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2011, 08:35 0 0
I think the most important thing here is more competition = price war. As for the iPhone it's hard to tell if it's the connectivity or the actual hardware/phone itself. I would be curious to see comparison of the ATT version vs the Verizon version of the iPhone side by side. Good news is after last weeks CES it seems like the smart phone market will be adding just more choices of high end phones. Should be something for everyone.
17. spinelessrabbit posted on 10 Jan 2011, 09:44 0 0
its the phone not the network att had the best coverage until that annoyin phone was acquired good let verizon have the phone so it can reduce traffic on our network and the best part att's iphone can actually talk and surf the web at the same time none of verizons cdma phones can do that let alone their cdma iphone lol losers!!!!
20. remixfa posted on 10 Jan 2011, 12:12 0 0
way to throw ATT talking points. useless ATT talking points. how often does anyone actually use that? i have that feature now and i think ive used it once in a year while i was waiting on an obnoxiously long hold. u talk and websurf (if you can keep signal), everyone else can just be happy knowing that the phone works everywhere.
23. networkdood posted on 10 Jan 2011, 14:05 0 0
Wow, you seem to really hate AT&T..curious, but did something happen in your life, something life-changing that made you so bitter towards them. I have had both VERIZON and AT&T and both have been pretty solid...
25. cAstro (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2011, 17:27 0 0
less people on the network=less revenue for att!!!
if theres no money, how are they going to finance a better network? (4G)
29. Whateverman posted on 11 Jan 2011, 04:28 0 0
Hey spineless. Did you notice how in the last Consumer Report survey all the CDMA carriers were rated higher than the GSM companies? And ATT was dead last. LAST! I guess not everyone is impressed with talking and surfing at the same time. And can you REALLY talk and surf if your calls keep dropping? I'm just saying...
22. LionStone posted on 10 Jan 2011, 12:25 0 0
whoa, that's the BEST part...you can talk AND surf at the same time!!! I'm switching now just for that...lol
26. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2011, 19:35 0 0
Haha wait to GO AT&T. SHOW EM YOUR 4G PHONES ATRIX INSPIRE. And the Iphone isn't even 4G. Just glad I never bought the Iphone. I can't wait to get my ATRIX bad ass phone that will teach them with that MAP ADS.
27. bboeckman (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2011, 19:48 0 0
Well even if it was the "Slow Lane," It's better then AT&T's Hazard lane. Even then, by the AT&T launches their 4G network I'm sure verizon would have coast to coast 4G as well as launching a 4G iphone. Nice try guys but yours still a dollar short and a day late!
28. what? (unregistered) posted on 11 Jan 2011, 00:05 0 0
Spinelessrabbit?? What are you talking about? I have used Verizon and ATT. I can surf the web and talk at the same time on my Verizon phone. I have had the HTC Incredible and now have the Motorola Droid X.