AT&T adds new markets to its 4G LTE network, still far behind Verizon
0. phoneArena 26 Jul 2012, 09:14 posted on
AT&T has just announced that some new cities can now feel the power of its blazing-fast 4G LTE network. In addition, the carrier has expanded its LTE coverage in a number of other markets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Galen20K (Posts: 498; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Att still is ommitting many Major markets, I"m very surprised at their staggered LTE launch. At this rate they're taking, they might as well gone with LTE release 10 instead of release 8 since its already taking forever to roll out. well, just glad I'm not on them.
3. Synack (Posts: 633; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
farrrrr farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr behind Verizon :)
4. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 818; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Verizon has LTE in my little town of 30,000 so everything is good.
5. Jyakotu (Posts: 813; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Ray, of course AT&T is going to be far behind Verizon. At least they're adding and expanding their 4G LTE, so why do you have to mention the obvious.? Well, if you're the same reporter that posts a story on Sprint adding new markets to its 4G LTE network, I expect the title to say, "Sprint addes new 4G LTE markers, WAY behind Verizon and AT&T." :-S
12. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 818; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
But they have "4G" HSPA+ just about everywhere they have 3G.
6. jenna_23 (Posts: 145; Member since: 02 Apr 2010)
This article made me laugh a Lil bit cuz in the last paragraph it says u can now use your mobile device to surf the web with awesome speeds in those LTE covered areas . U dnt need to be in an att LTE AREA to use your phone at fast speeds everywhere else at&t has hspa+ and its still plenty fast I have gotten up to 12 mbps on my xperia ion on hspa .
8. PAPINYC (Posts: 1957; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Everyone knows Verizon is King (or, Queen - don't want to offend the 4 G LTE ladies); AT&T is just a Dowager Duchess compared to Verizon.
9. Immolate (Posts: 239; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
AT&T adds new markets to its 4G LTE network, *will always be* far behind Verizon
Fixed the headline for you.
10. baldilocks (Posts: 426; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Baltimore, Bd?? Come on. Proofread much?
11. meccausa02 (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Eh, I would like to see AT&T's LTE in Columbus,Ohio but no worries, my HSPA+ is pulling around 4-7 Mbps download speeds and thats fast enough for me. Verizon can't say that on their old CDMA EV-DO Rev. A 3g for those people without their LTE or when their LTE is out.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Florida has a ridiculous amount of 4G coverage from everyone. you're in good shape if you live here. xD
14. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i work in palm beach, an live in the ft, lte has been on over a month now, only pulling 9 down and 7up