AT&T ad introduces the carrier's LTE 4G service
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2011, 12:23 posted on
On Sunday, AT&T launched its first two LTE enabled smartphones and what better way to promote a Sunday launch with a commercial about tailgating prior to a big football game; from buying tickets to getting the latest injury news, the ad shows how quickly data moves over LTE...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. username (Posts: 25; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
i love the vivid! i got it yesterday, i dont have LTE, but it's alright with upload and download speeds.
2. ap1989 (Posts: 144; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Verizon is better more LTE coverage and 3G then At&t
4. jenna_23 (Posts: 145; Member since: 02 Apr 2010)
Well verizon may be better in coverage and all, well actually that depends on were you live. Over here in los angeles at&t works exactly the same as verizon coverage wise, I know because my wife has verizon and I have at&t. Only advantage is verizon has more LTE coverage. But 3G wise at&ts 3G is much faster than verizons slow evdo rev A. My wife can never get more than 1.5 mbps on her verizon droid charge on 3G. While I'm getting 4-7 mbps on my at&t atrix on 3G. The only reason we have an at&t account is because we go to mexico a lot and verizon is crap in mexico half of the time it doesn't work at all while at&t roams into telcel mexico and has coverage everywhere and u even get 3G so u can still enjoy them fast speeds while roaming in mexico. While verizon on the other hand totally craps out and the only times it finds a signal its only a crappy 1X signal.
24. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
AT&T is faster though, and Verizon rolled out LTE faster. But AT&T has HSPA+ plus 3G plus soon to be LTE
3. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
I don't get it. What is all this speed for when you can't go over 2GB?
6. bigdawg23 (Posts: 362; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Not everyone has 2GB or even 4GB. I have a grandfathered Unlimited. I only started with AT&T in March 2011.
Also not everyone needs over 2GB. Have faster speeds shorten you wait and doesn't automatically lead to over usage.
My wife is on a 200MB plan and never goes over 50MB. Many people use wife and only want the confronts of data on the go.
29. bigdawg23 (Posts: 362; Member since: 25 May 2011)
damn mistype. Your welcome on the humor.
Yesterday I dumped my SGS2 for the HTC Vivid. "4G" HSPA+ is much faster on the vivid. I now get 7-10MB down and 1-2MB up. That is more than fast enough for me.
5. JGuinan007 (Posts: 633; Member since: 19 May 2011)
When is the Galaxy Note coming out and will ATT put LTE and NFC on it?
7. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
The only thing I wish VZW LTE could do is talk and use data :( that is the only thing that ATT has that appeals to me.
21. Nathan (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Exactly, I never thought it would matter, but look at me now, using it every day.
25. trin (Posts: 88; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Umm Verizon's LTE does allow voice and data at the same time.
26. thatjackal (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Well, since I'm posting this on my Droid Charge while listening to my buddy in Oregon ramble aimlessly during a phone call (Phonearena is a good distraction, eh?), I'm fairly sure you're covered with VZW. No wifi connection out here, anyway. Unless VZW is letting me make the phone call on some bizarre network I'm not familiar with... I'm on LTE. ;D
28. alx33 (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Ummmm verizon 3G (CDMA) cant talk and surf at the same time. Verizon 4G (LTE) can.
9. KillaKoop214 (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
Got my Skyrocket yesterday and im in Dallas....fastest phone ive ever had.took my Galaxy S 2 back to get it.LTE is blazing fast.speed tests ive done are thru the roof!
11. bboy81 (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
place your speeds for the people that dont believe how fast it really is.
13. KillaKoop214 (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
fastest i got yesterday was 30Mbps.easily.and that was right out the box.Upload was 12.32Mbps.
10. bboy81 (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
i picked up the Skyrocket yesterday and the LTE speeds super fast.
i'm averaging about 20Mbps download and 10Mbps upload.
But i have to say that earlier today i reached a off the chart speed of 45.16Mbps download and 13.5Mbps upload.
I'm in the DFW area.
12. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
when LTE was brand new and no one was using it on VZW its was that fast. Wait till more people start switching to LTE and you'll see those speeds drop...
14. KillaKoop214 (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
i can co sign on this because im in DFW as well getting around the same speeds.love it.
16. Jyakotu (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I forgot, doesn't the Skyrocket and Vivid revert to HSPA+ speeds if your area doesn't currently have AT&T's LTE.?
17. bboy81 (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
yes this is true, i've seen it say 4G a few times instead of 4G lte.
18. Netolic (Posts: 139; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
i just got my skyrocket yesterday from bestbuy, its 250 bucks. and my gf got the vivid for 100 bucks at best buy today. HTC vivd is a winner over skyrocket., hands down
22. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 265; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
lets just say he made a
*puts on sunglasses*
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6380; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This add is misleading. ATT ONLY have LTE IN TEXAS & Illinois. Why put an add out when YOU DONT HAVE LTE FULLY activated
23. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 999; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
With AT&T's 4G LTE up and running in a few cites (hopefully it'll come to STL soon) we can finally see if Verizon is as good as they say they are with the amount of money they have spent on commercials.
What made me go to AT&T vs. Verizon is the fact that I can talk and be online at the same time. Even with Verizon's 4G LTE you still cant do that which is what surprises me. I know that Verizon has spent billions on upgrading their service, but the smallest thing makes the biggest difference.
I love to talk to my fiance and download my pictures and videos of the Cardinals winning the World Series on Facebook and/or Twitter at the same time.
27. Netolic (Posts: 139; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
i went back to best buy and exchange my skyrocket to vivid. now, my gf and i have both vivid. so cool...
vivid , physically, feels like a better fone, better grip, heavier than skyrocket for sure.
by internally...... htc has more to offer than samsung, via htc hub and htc likes.
just by flipping my fingers to them, htc vivid seems to have a better response time.
little warning, htc vivid screen is made out of glass, so your oily fingers will leave a mark, as soon as you get the phone, get it zagged