AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update now on Samsung's Kies
0. phoneArena 03 Dec 2012, 22:03 posted on
AT&T and Verizon owners of the Samsung Galaxy S III have each been waiting for an update to Android 4.1, but now AT&T subscribers have the opportunity to manually update their handset using a connection to a PC that hooks you up to Samsung Kies...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
38. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I like how Mxy comments as though he or she or it knows what he or she or it is talking about....
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
AT&T is wayyy too okay with Samsung pushing updates through their trashy KIES software. i had a friend brick a Captivate Glide because of KIES. >>
61. JDBaughman (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
your friend probably had a rooted phone too. just saying. I like how you called out someone like they were trolling but all I have read from you is a bunch of bs
12. samsungapple (Posts: 10; Member since: 30 Sep 2012)
wth?? my kies would just force close after it says download completed
11. DechyX (Posts: 132; Member since: 16 May 2011)
dammit PhoneAreana... I was hoping to go to bed early tonight... now I have to do this ;-)
13. husser94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
WONDER IF AT&T WILL EVENTUALLY DO AN OTA UPDATE....KIES IS LIKE PUTTING LIPSTICK ON A PIG...
16. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
I just updated Kies and i have it connected to my computer, but i dont see anything about an update .. Anyone help?
18. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13679; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
About time. Jellybean has been out for nearly half a year now.
39. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Hey troll -http://faqoid.com/advisor/andr
Jellybean has been out for a short time - since July.
Please speak about facts when commenting.
63. JDBaughman (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
well, it is december and yea, he said "for almost half a year now"... by due process of elimination... and simple mathematics I have come to the conclusion that you are an idiot... 5 months is almost half a year... just saying...
24. Omarc07 (Posts: 433; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
ugh kies bricked my captivate glide too like the person above tht it had to go in the trashh cuz it was not fixable i have an s3 on att rite now and i dnt kno if i shud do this update :s i dnt want my s3 to end up in the trash like my captivate glyde -_-"""
35. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
That's probably just an issue with the Captivate Glide, seeing as you both had the same issue.
Maybe you should try it, I don't know...
64. JDBaughman (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i updated using kies last night... just plug your s3 in and WAIT for it to pop up a software confirmation then hit continue. simple.
31. Charley1G (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Thanks for the Tip. Mine is up& running 4.1. Working great!
33. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Gotta have my SGS3 replaced as the loud speaker on it died. I can use headphones to music to music or watch a video and hear it but the loud speaker is gone. Oh well its covered on my warranty anyway and I have been loving my Note 2 very much. I did do the update to JB on my SGS3 and it is already much smoother and battery life also seems to have improved. Tho I still hate Kies but thats a given.
37. deesonw (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Would you all quit crying about Kies it is so easy to do if you just follow directions..you gripe about when are we getting the update,and then when you do get the update you cry about how they offer it to be installed.what to you want them to baby sit you and install it for you? Come on grow up a little......
40. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
It can be a pain - but there are workarounds....ODIN is a great program for Samsung updates....
41. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The problem with Kies is half the time it wont even recognize your samsung device when you hook it up to your pc, your pc has no problems but Kies will just keep spinning waiting for you to connect. It has caused a lot of hours of headaches. I got lucky this time woth my SGS3 and Note 2 and didnt have those problems but my god my SGS2 was a nightmare.
46. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, it seems like it works better with phones of this generation but if you have anything older than the SIII at all you're probably going to run into trouble at some point.
65. elorahd (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
Deesonw, would you then please come to my house and update my firmware, if you think Kies is so great?? I'm having the same problem that tons of other people are having. Kies downloads the firmware......then closes!! Time and again. This is all it does.
I moved to Android because I wanted a bigger screen......and then I learned about the upgrade process. What a joke! iOS has it all over Android in this department. And many other departments. This phone has been a nightmare. Battery sucks. Signal sucks. 4g doesn't work most of the time. I'm praying iPhone gets a bigger screen soon as I will be going back as quickly as possible.
44. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Now I have to wait for my phone to be fully charged; I dont mind it comming out on kies because when it comes out OTA it takes forever to hit your phone but they should do both. First kies then OTA
45. LaserTed (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Even after charging my phone to 100% it just tells me my battery is low and needs to be charged, then when I acknowledge it everything closes. Any suggestions?
48. f4jock (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I have "Kies Air" on my S3 and I updated from Google Play. Is this the app I should use to do this? If so, what exactly do I do? Thanks.