AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update now on Samsung's Kies
0. phoneArena 03 Dec 2012, 22:03 posted on
AT&T and Verizon owners of the Samsung Galaxy S III have each been waiting for an update to Android 4.1, but now AT&T subscribers have the opportunity to manually update their handset using a connection to a PC that hooks you up to Samsung Kies...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
49. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
You need the desktop version; the update is done on your computer.
67. DechyX (Posts: 120; Member since: 16 May 2011)
no, hook it up to a computer and use the desktop version of Kies
50. spontem (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
When i try and download Kies it gets to the installation window and says I have no internet connection, cannot install. Anyone else having this problem?
51. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
That sounds like your computer. Make sure you have an internet connection.
54. spontem (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I have an internet connection, that's not the issue.
55. husser94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
OK SO I USED KIES TO UPGRADE AND ITS NOT AS BIG OF A PAIN AS IT USE TO BE...JUST DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION OF KIES AND THAT'S IT.
59. LadyK2804 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I updated my S3 on AT&T with Kies, no problem at all. However, my sister tried to do hers, and it bricked her S3....
Now, I am trying to find a solution..
68. elorahd (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
I finally called Samsung about my problem. Lots of people are having the same problem and they are working on it. They are also working on the problems people are having once JB has been installed. If you are not having any problems, count yourself lucky. You are one of the few. I tried the install again yesterday, as directed by Samsung rep, and Kies still just shuts down. So, guess its not fixed yet.
69. f4jock (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
So I finally got a decent download of the desktop version. Kies then upgraded itself to an even newer version, v184.108.40.20614_1_17, and then ran the firmware upgrade with no problems. My S3 has had no problems at al after the upgrade. Lucky me I guess, or perhaps they got it right with this version... I did have to run Kies on a machine outside of our corporate network environment; it just wouldn't do anything inside.