AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II benchmark tests
0. phoneArena 23 Sep 2011, 16:01 posted on
Starting off with the Quadrant benchmark, the handset is able to whip up scores well into the 3,000 mark – but we’re blown away by the 3,733 score we’re able to get! Amazingly, that literally blows away the competition in the dust as others struggle to even top the 2,000...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
This is definitely leaving iSheep a lot of dust.
24. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Why must everyone compare them? It's so pointless...
I for one have had both an iPhone and my current Droid X and they were/are both very fine phones. Especially since they are running different OS's it's purely subjective. To each his own I say.
With that said I want an Exynos version on Verizon please NO OMAP4!
36. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
sadly some people just cant think for them self or have no sense at all....
51. Chakra (Posts: 130; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
Simple. These android bashers, secretly has buyers remorse, and really want an android. They have to convince themselves they made the right decision. IF they had time to really like their own phone, they wouldn't have time to bash another phone.
30. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 468; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Apple has nothing to do with this discussion but yet somehow Apple gets brought up. Ijs, for someone who hates Apple you sure brought them up quickly.
40. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
He must've been spank by apple thus equate his hatred. . .
46. gmoney2087 (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
well as you can see android fans can't keep ios or iphone out of their mouths no matter what, it doesn't matter if it is an android related article or apple :)
58. Tino (unregistered)
I guess this is because It's just pleasure to irritate Apple fanboys :)
2. Jim (unregistered)
Great :-)) Looked forward to this phone all summer,
only to see my carrier, Verizon, drop the ball.
NOT HAPPY Verizon. Can you hear me now??
21. Jon. (unregistered)
Verizon skipped the GS2 to get a similar, but possibly better spec'd phone called the Galaxy Nexus. Supposedly coming out in November.
3. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 174; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
with my rooted and overclocked G2X I got a 5011 on quadrant standard. blows the gs2 out of the water
28. biggles (Posts: 222; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
And it's overclocked. I bet if you root and overclock the GSII, it'll blow your paltry G2X out of the water. Get a clue.
29. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I have heard reports that a overclocked rooted SGS2 can get over 6500 scores in benchmarks. So that's great and all but still.
41. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
No point in overclocking it, its still a 1 hell of a speedy/freaky phone. . .
11. pyckvi (Posts: 48; Member since: 19 Dec 2010)
thats good but my rooted and overclocked epic blows your g2x with 5700+ on quadrant rooted and OC
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats because with the right rom you can really mess with quadrant benchmarks.
the only way to bench is stock to stock, anything else can be tampered with.
19. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 174; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
i am running EaglesBlood v2.0a and its so much less buggy and more stable then the stock g2x rom
20. Forsaken77 (Posts: 553; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
And if you root and overclock the GS2 it will blow the doors off your G2X. That is a very good phone you have, but not better than a GS2.
5. baldilocks (Posts: 742; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Instead of worrying about quadrant scores. Google needs to worry about making the Android platform more cohesive, less buggy, less DEPENDENT on dual and quad core processors.
6. rasinhussy (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Dec 2008)
I don't think Google cares about the quadrant scores. Android phone manufacturers are putting dual-cores in their phones, because that is the current trend (Apple's A5 is a dual-core).
Google is doing a great job fixing bugs and making their OS more cohesive, it's the carriers that are messing things up.
31. biggles (Posts: 222; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
Ummm, what? Maybe they should eliminate widgets and multi-tasking, maybe make the home screen a continuous file manager. Oh, wait, Apple would sue them for copying their bland experience. Get over yourself, the software pushes the hardware. The iPad2 got a dual core processor and the iPhone 5 is slated to get the same thing. It is the direction technology is taking. Maybe Apple should focus on being less dependent on multi-core processors...
7. Alantef (Posts: 288; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
not that i really care about these scores but i really wanna see where tmobile GSII lands...
23. Maurice (unregistered)
It would be funny if Samsung knows that's the date they're dropping the iPhone 5 and is tryna square up on'em.
18. Nickmfnjackson (Posts: 101; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
I think he's refering to the quadrant scores and not the release date, although that does seem like forever from now :-( I two am anxiously waiting for some type of performance review of the tmo gs2. Hell, even a simple hands on video would make my day
10. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
I wish T-Mobile stay independence after the merger with ATT.
17. Alantef (Posts: 288; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
i wish Google would buy them...i would love to have Google branding on my phone than AT&T or anything else....
32. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
LMAO. Go over to XDA in the Epic 4g Touch forums. A guy got overclocked to 1.6ghz, and got a benchmark test over 7400. Your G2X doesn't have s**t on the GSII.
47. hbit (unregistered)
50. Chakra (Posts: 130; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
Seriously!! Is someone getting paid the the amount of articles they write? We KNOW it's fast. How about writing an article on water being wet as well.
54. Interesting (unregistered)
My stock Atrix is getting around 2650 in Quadrant and 4713 on AnTuTu. That's not far off considering it's a 1GHz dual core compared to 1.2GHz on the Samsung. I'll have to root and OC a bit to find out what it can hit.
57. josh vercette (unregistered)
How does it compare to the Motorola Droid Bionic??
60. RAIDERWILL (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Really ? Are you kidding me?? My Rooted & Rom'ed Overclocked Droid Charge Ace's Quadrant at " 7,657 " all day long............:-)