AT&T HTC One receives update to support new LTE bands
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2013, 13:35 posted on
If you own the AT&T version of the HTC One, you might have noticed that you received a fairly large sized 250MB update for your phone today. Usually an update that size is chock full of goodies for owners of the device, but this time it is all about the maintenance of the phone. The update includes support for LTE bands 2 and 5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Some HTC One users will be disappointed to see it isn't 4.2.2. Nonetheless, more bands = better LTE experience.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5530; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Interesting. My unlocked One that is connected to AT&Ts service is on software number 1.29.1540.17 When I attempt a manual update, I get a dialog box that states the phone is up to date. Is AT&T only releasing the update for their 'captive' phones?
3. ahhxd717 (Posts: 317; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
How would AT&T have the ability to update unlocked phones?
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5530; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Service is through AT&T, so I would imagine the database of frequencies, etc. would update from AT&T. This is new territory for me however, so I am still figuring things out.
4. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
What LTE bands???!! I'm still getting 2G here in Kansas :(
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5530; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sorry, but KS isn't scheduled to get LTE love from AT&T for a while.