AT&T Galaxy S4 price will be $249, pre-orders start on April 16
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 10:30 posted on
Never wanting to be left behind, AT&T has announced that it will start accepting pre-orders for the Galaxy S4 on April 16. Unfortunately, it's still unknown when the device will actually ship, as AT&T hasn't revealed the release date, unlike T-Mobile, which has announced that it'll ship the GS4 starting May 1. Anyway, we guess AT&T's Galaxy S4 release date will be quite similar...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. yyuu1000 (Posts: 206; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
pay 50 dollars more and get the nexus 4 with out contract
7. Joosty (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Pay $50 more and receive an outdated phone that can barely keep up with the new bunch?
Ill take my luck with an S4. This phone is future-proof.
9. imkyle (Posts: 1073; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
While your Galaxy S4 is on 4.2, Nexus 4 users will be on 5.1 :)
13. Joosty (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
And while you guys are on 5.1 we will be on 5.0, with the support of the best developers in the android world.(this is not pertaining to stock users of course)
The Nexus 4 came too late in the game. Still a good buy but it is now obsolete.
18. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Beware this might be the last bestselling samsung device.
sammy can't increase size of the device further
sammy can't increase screen resolution further
soon sony and htc will soon release phone with snapdragon 800.
41. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Don't worry ... Samsung will start increasing storage ... 32G being min ... going upto 128 in few years who knows ...
22. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
good luck, hopefully samsung will release some source to work with... if not, have fun with those bugs
32. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
and? can u fly to the mars with 5.1??
stupid people..^^ i mean come on..what are u expecting
28. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
You're smoking the bad sh*t, bro. The N4 is far from outdated. You're just a Sammy boi
40. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Take your luck with the S4 and have fun with your God awful sh*tty TouchWiz! LMFAO
I will take the pure Google Android experience any day over any bad designed UI and be locked to a 2 year contract...
50. geodude074 (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
The Nexus 4 is over $1000 cheaper than the S4 in the long run.
AT&T's unlimited talk/text plan and 3GB of data is $100 a month, so that's $2650 over two years for an S4.
With the Nexus 4, you can go with T-Mobile or Straight Talk for $50-$45 a month unlimited talk/text/2GB of data, that's $1500-$1380 over two years for a Nexus 4.
19. p5yb0rg (unregistered)
Paying anything for a phone without LTE is throwing away money
43. jcarrigan (unregistered)
I am getting a GS4 for free, but if i wasnt then I wouldnt pay any more than $200 because its not a phablet which are usually $300 at launch. If its $250 it should have 32 gb built in with a mirco sd slot.
2. YaBoiDre10 (Posts: 84; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
I only care about the retail price. I don't sign contracts to get phones lol
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Last time I got a phone on contact was 2009 with Verizon lol.
Idk what I'd do without Craigslist.
3. MattGioff (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I'm too accustom to $200 for a premium phone with contract. Even though its only 50 dollars for something that I'd have for 2 years I wouldn't do it. I agree with YaBoiDre10, I'd rather spend $300 on the Nexus 4 on principle than signing a 2 year contract and pay $250.
4. YaBoiDre10 (Posts: 84; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Simple. Sell your old phone and pay the difference of the retail price. I got the S3 and Note II by doing this.
5. AstronautJones (Posts: 303; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Or, you can sell the old phone and pay nothing for on contract.
Or maybe even have money left over for a case...
14. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Not with an Android phone. I sell a lot of phones, and if you bought the S3 from AT&T, you will be roughly 10 months from launch, and you don't qualify for the 1 year partial upgrade (-$450). Your phone is worth about $350 if it is mint. If you bought the Note II, your sale will net you $450-$500, but you are under 6 months, so you have to pay full price (-$650). The only phone that holds its value is the iPhone, and The 5 only goes for -$500, used.
6. mandkeee (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
wow...$250 with 2years contract?
hellllls no~~~~ samsung think they are # 1 mobile company? they think people willl buy this phone even high price?
people buy phone from samsung because they are cheap.....otherwise there is no reason to buy phone from samsung....
8. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I'm leaning towards At&t not Samsung pricing it this way. If Verizon releases it at $250 then I would agree with you. $250 is too much because this phone will be $100 on Amazon.com in one month.
45. mandkeee (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
i heard one of my friend who working at verizon marketing team said, verizon will be some with $299 with 2 year contract or $249.99....
after he told me about that, i will be wait for iphone5s
15. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
The OEM price to carriers is quite less retail price. So the contract price depends on how much carrier wanna subsidy.
34. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
This is the carrier price idiot. Not samsung price. If you dont want it then dont bother talkin bout it.
36. oister85 (Posts: 493; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
You are very wrong. People dont buy samsung phones becouse they cheap, people buy it becouse it works.
10. megadirk (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
At&t might have it for $250 on launch day but I doubt Amazon or even Best Buy will be selling it for that price.
11. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
i don't know yet if i will go with HTC ONE or the S4 but i know it would be with Tmobile which is the best.
12. gu3sswhoo (Posts: 29; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I will be getting the un-locked GT-I9500 and use it on AT&T.
25. donfem (Posts: 646; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Good for you. I guess you get paid for the ad
17. paulyyd (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
Lol 249 for a new two year agreement.
Good point above, it will drop to 100 bucks after its been on the market for a month Lol
24. MobileMac (unregistered)
USE THE SAMSUNG TRADE UP PROGRAM!!!
After I bought my SG3 from Walmart for $153, I received $125 from Samsung when I sent them a copy of the outside of my box, receipt and my HTC Vivid. I made out on my SG3.
Samsung will give up up to $200 for your SG3. So if you get the S4, make up for it by trading your old one.
27. akz1112 (Posts: 16; Member since: 24 Mar 2013)
200? Is so lil for gs3. U better off selling it friend or eBay.
29. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
So the S4 is $250 w/ a 2yr contract?? im not surprised by that.
31. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Well, when the first Note came out I was all "I ain't payin no $300 for no on contract phone," but that's totally what I ended up doing after waiting several months. I'm not saying I'm going for the S4, but the price doesn't seem so crazy anymore.
33. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
not surprised, this phone has outrageous specs. You guys are bitching about this being 250$ but the z10 is 200$ lmao.
35. papss (unregistered)
The z10 has often been said to be over priced so that's not a good comparison, I love the specs of the s4 but for that sort of premium price it needs to be of premium grade.. I have a feeling this is going to be the new price point on contract if people buy this phone up. We are just asking to get bent over by carriers by buying this phone for that price.
37. suneeboy (Posts: 201; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
I don't care if it was free, enough of this 2 year contract crap. I'll get it unlocked, and go prepaid.
But T-Mobile seems like a good deal now doesn't it lol.
44. papss (unregistered)
No t mob would only be my third pick.. I'll pay for better all round coverage.
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 21186; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I getting this beauty, just add a line and I'm good.
48. wrm2013 (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
dear android. stop pushing updates to my phone it wasnt formatted for. My s2 was ruined by updates and now my s3 has been ruined. and by ruined i mean, it doesnt work the same and lags to the point i dont want the phone anymore. I refuse to by an apple product...... im lost
49. philipjfry (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
For people paying more for contract free phones are still paying the same amount each month for good reliable service. Don't tell me about monthly prepaids that don't allow roaming, especially data roaming.