AT&T Galaxy S II Ice Cream Sandwich update live again via Kies
15. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
it only wipes ur system folder
ur data will remain untouched
in simpler terms, no it will not factory reset ur device
8. shimmyx20 (Posts: 280; Member since: 03 Mar 2009)
Kies...I really hope they've improved that software in the last couple of years. It was really frustrating to deal with and buggy when I had to update the Captivate.
11. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Kies will always remain b.s. and samsung is extremely idiotic for using it as a means to upgrade phones. My infuse still hasn't seen gingerbread because of that crappy kies software
21. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I call it a temp phone ill upgrade in a couple of months so I don't pay it to much mind but I don't see why samsung can't just do a ota for all of their phones.
10. doody (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
Where is it? I ran kies, and their is no update. Is something suppose to pop up or am I suppose to click something?
14. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
theres this thing called rooting and a custom rom? i don't know if you people have heard of it but you never have to use krappy kies ever again :)
16. doody (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
That's great, so how do I update to ICS using Kies?
17. spinelessrabbit (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Dec 2010)
Just update my phone and its running pretty well, no signs of any issues at all.
18. raifid4 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
did you have to backup any of your data not on the external sd card?
19. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
20. bran69 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
samsung kies keeps freezing on me while trying to download the update. need help please..
22. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Come on, AT&T, put the OTA update out already! You're going to piss off a LOT of customers if there isn't one.
I'm going to talk to my boss and see if maybe we can install Kies on one of the demo computers. That way we can update anyone's phone who comes in asking about it.
23. Nathan (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
At&t, hurry up with the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket update!!!!
24. GeekMovement (Posts: 2134; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
It's kind of sad how Sprint hasn't updated their SGSII to ICS yet. I already have ICS on my SGS3 so I guess I don't need to wait anymore.
25. Ivan6479 (Posts: 249; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I just did my update last night and I'm loving it! The device runs much smoother and much snappier. :-)
26. iSometimes (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)
For those who have no idea how to use Kies (like myself), its not difficult at all. I installed Kies via the Samsung website (http://www.samsung.com/us/kies
/) . It took a few attempts to install, but eventually worked. I launched the software and simply plugged in my phone via USB and I recieved a message for a firmware upgrade. Click "yes" and the upgrade started.
Upgraded to ICS yesterday. Gives you all the ICS functions, but it doesn't seem faster. Smoother yes, but more or less the same speed.
27. Ivan6479 (Posts: 249; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
OK I have two complaints. I am truly grateful that we finally got ICS, but seriously why did they leave out the support for NFC, when our devices have the hardware for it? I even called Samsung personally to see if I may have overlooked it and they thought we should have it at first and then they corrected their self and apologized and said that the current update doesn't yet have the support for NFC. WHY?? My guess is they don't want to steal the thunder away from the GS3 since that is a big feature they are advertising for it in their new commercials. Man what a bummer. :(
My second issue is that Kies Air doesn't seem to be working anymore. It just crashes. :( I actually don't use it all that often, but it's still a problem seeing how we waited this long for the update. I'd love to know if anyone else is having issues with Kies Air.
28. Ivan6479 (Posts: 249; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
By the way if anyone hasn't figured out yet it appears they decided to change the way we capture screen shots now. Instead of holding the home key and power button; we now need to hold the volume down and the power button for slightly longer then we originally use to and it captures the image and sends it to your task bar for quick access.
29. niceshirt (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 May 2010)
Has anyone had an issue downloading via KIES? On overage whats the time to download and install? My phone has been "downloading" and the "firmware upgrade in progress" bar has been at 0% for an hour now. I did everything I was supposed to do... Oh and the main KIES program says "please connect a device".