AT&T Asus PadFone X priced at $199 on contract, pre-orders start June 6
Initially announced back in January, the PadFone X combines a 5-inch smartphone with a PadFone Station (which is a tablet dock that has a 9-inch Full HD display). AT&T will sell the new PadFone X for $199.99 with a 2-year contract agreement. Alternatively, the smartphone-tablet hybrid will be available with AT&T Next plans ($22.92 per month with AT&T Next 18, or $29.80 per month with AT&T Next 12).
The 5-inch PadFone X smartphone features a 1080p display, LTE, a 13MP “PixelMaster” rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and LowLight Mode, 2MP front-facing camera, quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.3GHz, 2GB of RAM, and 16GB of internal memory. The 9-inch PadFone Station includes an extra battery that can be charged wirelessly. The whole package is based on Android 4.4 KitKat.
AT&T will offer several accessories for the PadFone X, including a Folio Bundle set of protective cases, and a PadFone X Mobile Dock (which is “a custom-fit Bluetooth keyboard and touchpad that transforms PadFone X into a notebook”).
Asus PadFone X Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
LG G3 - 40 Tips & Tricks for LG's most powerful smartphone ever
25 Jul 2014, 01:36
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
Asus PadFone X
4. buccob (Posts: 1307; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I love the concept but I agree... US market should have been more important since the original Infinity
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1344; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Which is to bad i was all looking forward to it but many months of waiting and the note 4 on the horizon.. eh just lost its awesomeness.
11. buccob (Posts: 1307; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I feel ya.... though for me it was the increased popularity in waterproof devices that made it a priority for my phones.... so my next one will also have to have it...
So ZL2 for me... and the transformer fell back to 2nd spot since I doubt they make a PadFone waterproof anytime soon
14. GTR722 (Posts: 222; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Asus...the waiting company....Im still waiting for them to sell here in America the damn Zenfone 5...
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6135; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
no ONE WILL BUY IT and AT&T will take it off its shelf in two weeks max. cause no one never heard of PAD FONE or who makes it.
19. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Any PC builder knows who ASUS is so... yeah sure. :P
#3 notebook OEM.
#1 motherboard OEM.
2. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
I think i'm sold. c:
or $600... (no contract)
For both... Yisss
18. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
UPDATE... + pros!
$550 off contract for both... (stated by ASUS rep)
1) ONE dataplan, per month payment.
2) LTE-A, HD voice, VOLTE.
3) Wireless charging, removable back.
4) Waterproof "coating".
5) Tablet dock with FF speakers. (dat bezel is free)
6) Metal Bluetooth keyboard dock. ($99)
7) 16GB + SD slot 64GB = 80GB (70GB usable)
8) Comes with the beautiful ZEN UI!
9) NFC, ISIS mobile wallet, wireless AC, BT 4.0.
10) On screen buttons. (for me)
11) Low light camera mode. (400% brighter photos)
12) Guaranteed to have a lot of accessories.
13) Sure to have constant timely updates.
( ^ ASUS have gotten good at this ^ )
21. buccob (Posts: 1307; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Number 4 seems very atractive for me...
If Sony does not release a ZL2 internationally soon then this might become a nice option
22. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Its not a certification, but better than nothing. :D
23. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
UPDATE 2... Padfone X "next gen"
AT&T and ASUS are already talking about plans/specs, probably a successor or high end variant...
SD 810 processor 64 bit.
10" tablet dock.
My dreams for this...
(metal phone + tablet dock)
(4GB of ram to match the 64 bit...)
(32GB + 128GB SD)
(I would pay $400 on contract for that)
(or $1000 off contract) :D
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2018; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Too bad Asus is shipping what is essentially a 2013 phone in mid-2014.
IMO, the nicest thing about this PadFone concept is the ability to easily use a phone's data plan for a tablet, presumably without paying ATT extra money.
7. ajac09 (Posts: 1344; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I wish a company would make the concept work with other phones and different tablet designs.
9. Gemmol (Posts: 490; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Att give free mobile hotspot with mobile share plans this way you do not need internet on your tablet only on your phone
10. tacarat (Posts: 115; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
That's the new plans. It might not work for folks on the old unlimited data plans.
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2018; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
As tacarat mentioned, mobile hotspot isn't allowed on some of the older plans which many people still have.
Personally, I would much rather have a hardwire connection than have to burn phone battery and expose my phone running a wifi hotspot.
20. Gemmol (Posts: 490; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
1520 battery big and last 4 days before I had to charge..so when using mobile hotspot it do not die as fast as my phones in the past, same with using GPS without charging it while driving for 10 hours
5. Neo_Huang (Posts: 286; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
I'm pretty sure the resolution of the tablet is 1080 by 1920, not 1200 by 1920.
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1650; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
A little too late.. But I guess its nice, that it will be available?
12. imkyle (Posts: 969; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
It did come a lot later then it should have, but $199 for a tablet and a phone combined. Pretty good actually.
15. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 962; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
This is something worth thinking about. Ive wanted the Note 3 since october, but the PadPhone X is something worth thinking about. The price point is a great way for people like me to see what its made of. I hear that it also has the ability to be LTE-A capable which makes this device a little more attractive
Id have to see in person to see if this is worth buying over the Note 3..................and it'll have to be a pretty hard sell
16. fzacek (Posts: 1231; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This is actually a really cool device(s)...