ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 gets updated to Jelly Bean
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Aug 2012, 11:27
As promised last month, ASUS has started the process of sending out Android 4.1.1 to the ASUS Transformer Pad TF300; the OTA update also brings with it a few new features and the manufacturer says Android 4.1.1 will be coming to the other Transformer Pad tablets in the "near future"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. aokde posted on 18 Aug 2012, 11:58 2 0
where are the apple fags that say android gets updates late now? way to go asus, waiting for a confirmation from sony for my XPERIA arc.
11. Jay_F posted on 18 Aug 2012, 14:40 0 3
Are you honestly denying that Android gets updated slow as hell on a lot of products? Yeah ASUS did good with this update, I'm updating my tablet to JB now as I'm typing, but to make a dumb statement like you just made is just uncalled for. Apple has very few products, but at the very least when they roll out with a new OS, or any update, it's immediately available for all compatible versions to download. There's still news out there about phones still upgrading to ICS well after JB was already released. It's comlete bulls**t that people buy top of the line phones, yet can't have the most up to date firmware when it's released by Google.
23. Jay_F posted on 19 Aug 2012, 17:39 0 0
It shouldn't be necessary though.
26. Nexiboyyy posted on 05 Dec 2012, 13:30 0 0
At least if you get a custom ROM or do have Android released for your device your not missing key features -_-... *Cough* Siri *Cough*. Also thats not a flaw in Android thats a flaw in the OEMS
4. maryaaadil posted on 18 Aug 2012, 11:59 8 1
Best Android tabs=Asus
Best Android phones= samsung
5. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Aug 2012, 12:24 8 0
I agree with the first part. Second part, it varies.
I can't wait to get 4.1.1 on my TF700!
7. hung2900 posted on 18 Aug 2012, 13:29 0 0
It's easy to understand. Asus has Nexus device and Nexus 7 has the same chipset as TF300T (TF201 and TF700T have other Tegra 3 SoC). Asus's UI is a sligtly modified Vanilla OS.
8. ap1989 posted on 18 Aug 2012, 14:17 3 0
GO F*** Yourself Verizon for not updating galaxy nexus to jelly bean yet.
9. kayeeman posted on 18 Aug 2012, 14:17 1 0
I was wondering to buy a asus tf300 or ipad3 !
is asus reliable ? or issues with touchscreen or motherboard will occur ?
13. Jay_F posted on 18 Aug 2012, 14:45 3 0
Well do you want to spend $600 on a good and proven iOS tablet or $400 on a very solid tablet with JellyBean? I had the same choice at the time and went with ASUS. Haven't regretted my decision at all.
17. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Aug 2012, 16:28 2 0
Asus is an excellent company and has won over my love already. I have the TF700T, have had no problems with it, and it is an excellent tablet/short-term laptop replacement.
Get the TF300 with the dock. You won't regret it.
14. imkyle posted on 18 Aug 2012, 14:56 1 0
Can anyone confirm if the stock browser is more responsive than ICS?
15. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2012, 15:06 0 0
I got rid of mine too soon. Didn't like rebooting it twice a day and all the force closing. It'd probably be better now but I wanted something that didn't need to be restarted to stop force closing.
16. SprintPower posted on 18 Aug 2012, 15:45 3 0
Got my Jellybean love on my TF300 around Midnight Friday. It warned that Flash is no longer supported so the first thing I did was check YouTube and the videos all played fine. Waiting to hit a video roadblock but haven't yet.
18. poojaroy posted on 18 Aug 2012, 18:25 0 0
well done asus and samsung will b rolling update soon on 29th of this month coz u know there r millions of samsung phones world wide.good steps for future android
19. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 18 Aug 2012, 18:46 0 0
.... and i just got ICS on my GTab 10.1.....
22. nastynaps posted on 19 Aug 2012, 16:19 0 0
I hope this resolves a myriad of issues I'm having with mine from auto shutdown to crappy web browsing.
24. slavytodorov posted on 27 Aug 2012, 08:26 0 0
When is the update coming to Bulgaria? I've been waiting for ages!!! :@