ASUS MeMo Pad gets introduced post CES
0. phoneArena 13 Jan 2013, 22:02 posted on
The ASUS MeMo Pad is a 7 inch tablet with resolution of 1024 x 600 and appears to be the ME172V that was tested on GL Benchmarks, and at $150 it won't zap your wallet; ASUS says that this will be a tablet only device which means no transforming into a laptop with the use of a QWERTY keyboard dock like some other ASUS tablets can...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'd pick the Nexus 7 over this because of the higher display. Asus almost got my attention. Almost.
3. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Agreed. 720p resolution and hands down I would get it. I can even live w/o the quad core.
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
In many countries N7 is very expensive w/o GG subsidy, and people don't have much money like Americans, so this tablet is very good option. I like that it has most of N7 design.
7. itsjustJOH (Posts: 107; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
True. Here in the Philippines, the price of N7 is more than half of the price with the subsidy.
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
lol, this is real discrimination by GG, not the 1 that WP fanboys accuse GG of.
10. itsjustJOH (Posts: 107; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
They can't possibly subsidize every tablet that will be sold worldwide.
5. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Processor is a single core at 1GHZ. :( even a Tegra 2 dual core would have been good.
6. droidboy (Posts: 33; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Not bad for the price. Asus makes good products and its running jelly bean. I just got a nexus 7 but if I hadn't I probly would have given the memo a shot. But I love the nexus 7!
12. huypaulha94 (Posts: 23; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Whatever happened to the MeMo pad with the pen? I was waiting for that one for the longest time and it decided to never arrive stateside.... :(