ASUS Fonepad with upgraded processor and extra storage is announced
0. phoneArena 16 May 2013, 06:24 posted on
Earlier today in Taiwan, Asus announced an upgraded version of its Fonepad tablet, with a faster processor and increased on-board storage. The new model will ship with an Intel Atom Z2460 chip running at 1.6GHz (vs the Z2420 found in the variant already on the market) and...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1399; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
No new Nexus tablet ..might as well get this
9. chocolaking (Posts: 461; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I agree. But it's probably not gonna be at canada in a while.
2. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1102; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Still single core and still PowerVR SGX 540. Not good enough even to consider, in particular for the weak GPU.
4. jibraihimi (Posts: 698; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
An Indian tech blog fonearena, reviewed this Tablet, and they were happy with the overall performance, compared to Samsung galaxy tab2 7.0, but gaming performance was very bad, MC3, Nova3 were simply unplayable; Temple Run 2 was also not so smooth............ So for casual or heavy gamers this device should be big no..........
5. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Surely if you are going to buy something for heavy gaming on the go you would opt for something like a PS vita, razor tablet or nvdia shield?
6. sinple (Posts: 123; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
well single core phone can at least run more game then Fonepad. I think this device can only run games that requires very low specification
8. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1102; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Well, the Samsung galaxy tab 2 is another one I would not buy...
It has an TI OMAP4430 also with PowerVR SGX 540 (and even slower clocked), so the performance is also terrible...
Compare it with the competition using Mediatek last gen (PowerVR SGX 544) and you get double the performance.
7. Andre007 (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Already on the market? Can someone tell me were in the US is this sold?