ASUS 18.4 inch Windows 8/Android desktop and tablet combo now on sale in the states
0. phoneArena 14 Apr 2013, 17:55 posted on
If you have a need for an 18.4 inch desktop PC that transforms into a tablet, the ASUS Transformer AiO P1801 desktop/tablet hybrid is now available in the U.S. for $1,259.23 from B&H; we originally brought this amazing ASUS Transformer to your attention back in June of 2012 and watched as it was on display at CES this year in Las Vegas...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. qazwsx (Posts: 21; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Tegra 3? common, its 2013. the price seems fair though.
2. temuchka1996 (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
its tegra 3 for android but i think i5 or i7 for windows
6. Birds (Posts: 927; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
No he means why didn't it ship with a tegra 4 or something.
12. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 491; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
It means its still not available yet. The processor still is not being use. As for the very first Tegra 4. Toshiba tables will be using this Processor, next month or June maybe..
9. Dr.Phil (Posts: 821; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Tegra 4 isn't going to be in any products until probably around June/July at the earliest. The real question is why they didn't use a Snapdragon processor instead. I am guessing the reason was due to costs.
10. maier9900 (Posts: 257; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
The price isn't fair in my opinion. A laptop with the same specs costs around $600, with latest 3rd gen i7 quad-core which i doubt the asus will have. And i don't see how anyone can make use of an 18.5" android screen. What is one going to do, take it off the dock sit on the couch and play with it?... I don't think so, is huge! and heavy! I think of it as a joke, i can't believe we're in 2013 and companies like Asus still make dumb devices. They need to start thinking out of the box and create something spectacular. Anyway..
13. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 491; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
it means, 600$+ for the Windows and another 600$+ for the android. Fair enough..
4. FlushGordon (unregistered)
It's Tegraeffin3 hahahahaha. At a premium price ...bwahahahahaha....wait....this must be a joke right?
5. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I thought this is PhoneArena... they do desktop too..
7. qazwsx (Posts: 21; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Let's not criticize them for expanding their horizons. Yes, they started a phone only site. Then Tablets. This isn't just a standard "desktop".
11. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Geez......18.4 inch! That would be difficult to hold it, even in two-handed........