ARCHOS unveils new Platinum Range of Android tablets
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2013, 21:27 posted on
Today ARCHOS announced three tablets in its new Platinum Range covering different sizes and high resolution displays...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I was just thinking of getting a new 8 inch tablet......but i NEED it to be TOP NOTCH! Like with this years top chipsets and android 5.0 HD screen and huge battery.....hopefully someone delivers because i might be looking to make it an alternate for a laptop
2. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
Wow... sucks having to save up for prom and senior trip, I would've bought the biggest one. I really want a tablet :(
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
maybe things'll work out for ya....
4. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Rent a motel room and get someone to buy you a bottle of vodka. This way you can make your own prom which will be 100 times better and you'll have extra income for your tablet. It's a win win.
5. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I remember prom night last year, good times, I was harder than the back of a Nokia 3220.
9. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1386; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And there goes Archos again... Claiming an "8 core" GPU when they are obviously using the Mediatek MTK6589, with a PowerVR SGX544 SINGLE CORE. And of course not telling that the CPU cores are A7 and not even A9
If there are two companies that are good are selling air those are Mediatek and Archos.
12. shambugi (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Let me correct you dude
those tablets are using AllWinner A31 Quad Core and a Power VR SGX544MP2 8 Core gpu
13. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1386; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Thanks for the correction, as the A31 at least has a somewhat decent GPU compared to the Mediatek one. It may even be able to move so many pixels.
But still, MP2 stands for two cores... Unless you want talk about SIMDs
Where did you get the info from? Archos does not say much.
14. shambugi (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
just a guess that it might be using the same specs as the onda v972 Hahaha
10. blingblingthing (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Is there any concrete info on CPU and GPU ?
15. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1386; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
shambugi claims an Allwinner A31 (4xA7 CPU, Power VR SGX544MP2 @355 MHz GPU), and the fact that the claim 8 "cores" GPU makes it very likely.
(see previous comments)
11. jade272727 (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
This is a nice replacement to the "The new new iPad'! #LOL