AOKP, MIUI get first official Android Jelly Bean releases
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2012, 15:53 posted on
Two of the most popular Android ROM makers released official Jelly Bean versions of their software today, showing that the age of Android 4.1 ROMs is now in full swing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cj100570 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 May 2009)
AOKP hasn't actually released anything except a statement. If you head over to their page they don't have download links for any JB roms and their official release page actually says that downloads aren't available.
2. jeetster (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
if you look really really close, you'll realize that they're done building it for GN and its simply being complied, meaning it'll be up shortly.
3. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
It's up for 3 models currently (S3, Nexus 7, and Nexus S). I've tried MIUI for a little bit but so far, IMO AOKP FTW. Can't wait to test AOKP for the GN (not out yet). MIUI is up for the GN, Nexus 7, and Nexus S.
4. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
If I used the gsm gn download link, would it just not work on the cdma gn? I really want the aokp but I don't want to bother downloading the int'l version if its not going to work.
5. jeetster (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
kingpet, maguro is the intl gnex. toro is verizon, and toroplus is sprint
6. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
running MIUI 4.1 on my sensation. its awesome. of course, im using a launcher. dont like the whole apps thingy on my home screen..yes i know theres folders..dont lazy to move 200+ apps into folders.
7. thunderising (Posts: 232; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Get bored of the ANDROID UI and then switch to AOKP for a slight refresh.
After that move to MIUI. Use it till you get tired.
Then switch back to Android UI.
In effect, never get bored
8. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1387; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Isn't it MIUI what the smartphone Xiaomi Mi-Two is using?
Is it any good?
9. rob5150 (Posts: 147; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Poor article information .. it is cyanogen that makes all the roms. And then aokp. And miui take cyanogens roms and then tweaks them from there.
10. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
i wish i could find a custom rom with sound quality as great as stock player...
those roms are great (i love paranoidandroid) but none of them has the sound i can get on stock with just Rock equalizer set. they are all weak and their rich dsp managers and equalizers just distort the sound.
11. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
That's because they have crap DACs. You'd have to stick with the older Nexus S and its Wolfson DAC, then Voodoo it.