AMOLED panels for smartphones said to become cheaper than LCD within 2 years
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2014, 07:05 posted on
AMOLED screens such as the displays used on flagship Samsung devices like the Galaxy S5 and Note 3 are the newest display technology, quickly evolving in the past few years, but while their quality has improved…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I hope it will happen soon and all phone manufacturers will use Amoled displays... love Amoled
5. cezarepc (Posts: 716; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Amoled sucker myself. Color-shift is just a major turn off for me. And with my 925 (and recent Galaxy phones) you can set the color reproduction to show neutral colors. Love it.
7. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I still prefer LCD technology although I havent seen the qhd samsung device yet
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I played with the Galaxy Tab S in my store and my god that screen is literally beautiful.
21. Furbal (Posts: 1002; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I've got a tab pro 8.4. Kinda want to sell it and get the S....
24. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
THIS ARTICLE IS NONSESE.
Until two years AMOLED will not stay same. This tech is new and developing fast(ask Samsung). The newest and the best AMOLED tech will keep the price this two years. For sure.
Well, todays AMOLED displays might be same price as LCD in two years , though. LOL
2. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
what happened to super amoled plus ?
3. tech2 (Posts: 3462; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Why do you need super amoled when pentile is doing a terrific job at colour accuracy without sucking up too much of battery ?
6. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
its looking sharp than pentile
8. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
"Percievely", it's looking sharper than pentile.
To be more correct. The quad HD GS5 LTE-A is miles ahead the oversharpened LG G3.
10. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
I havent seen quad hd amoled yet but bfore say something about it I have to try it
11. tech2 (Posts: 3462; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The last super Amoled Plus display was used in GS2 which had 400x800 display.
So you're essentially saying, a phone with 217 ppi (GS2) is looking sharper then a phone with 432 ppi (GS5) ?!
17. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
no Im saying that if you compare pentile and rgb at same resolution pentile looks less sharper
27. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
this "pentile" bashing is out of the date now. Old ipropaganda bashing. Like the "colour reproduction" bashing.
First motor car(airplane) was mocked too. But today's cars(planes) are not the same. Right?
25. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
,,,,and to live in a cave? Right?
9. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Oh! Wow! With low power consumption and increasing screen accuracy, amoleds will be huge hit.
13. Amir1 (unregistered)
when samoled will be cheaper then japan display and auo will have oled display in mass production that will s**t all over samsung displays.
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Explain your comment Sony fanboy. I can't interprete a sh*t.
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Also what's the overall difference between amoled and oled according to you?
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Looks like someone has never tested the Tab S on person.
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That's why IPhone's screen are cheap and natural. Vs modified Amoled.
Slcd is cheaper.
Funny thing is, when Apple progresses their Cpu, modifying it, it's OK, but when Samsung does it you hate it. Irony
22. iushnt (Posts: 1746; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Heres a favor for u jakelee- by reading your posts I actually realized that there can be nothing better than Apple and nothing worse than samsung. :) Really I mean it, you were so infuensive. I'll throw all my sammy devices in river. Now you must be very happy :)
26. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
But..but... who's gonna make the iphones then??? Apple???ROTFL
Should Apple sell empty cheap alumunum cans only?