ABC News: Samsung GALAXY Nexus to resume shipping next week with Android 4.1
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2012, 17:05 posted on
ABC News is reporting that the Samsung GALAXY Nexus will be returning to the Google Play Store next week with Google working on a software update that will remove unified search from the phone; while the Google search box will remain, it no longer will search the phone and will search the web only...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Lol. No one cared about this anyway. xD
Way to go Apple. You give a one week ban for a stupid feature that no one cared about so the GNex gets more publicity.
5. AnotherOne (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Yeah! I never even knew the feature existed on my Gnexus!
12. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1053; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
A $96 million week ban that is. :-)
Apple, for being a number one company, i thought you'd be better with money.
59. bayusuputra (Posts: 943; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
"i thought you'd be smarter" is a better sentence.. lol..
38. AnotherOne (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
2. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Good job Samsung keep updating all your smartphones. I love my Galaxy S3.
3. clevelandiskindacool (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I'm reminded of the aquarius song that went ...let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, The sunshine in
4. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
As much as I dislike Samsung, I genuinely hope they win the appeal, and the Galaxy Nexus is restored as normal with and without this workaround, wish someone gave Apple a taste of their own medicine when they were miles behind Windows and weak, hopefully, just hopefully, that day will come again and the likes of Google, Samsung, HTC and Sony will crap all over them.
6. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Referring back to the patent, don't ALLLLL Android devices use a unified search to search the handset itself along with the web.
Why aren't the other devices getting banned for violating this patent?
26. sprockkets (Posts: 1352; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Give it time. But apple only goes for the targets with $$$.
7. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 461; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Again, apple did nothing wrong by protecting their patent. Samsung and Google did what they should and should do from now on out. Stop using patents that they have no need to use. Respect others patents. Bottom line.
9. MartyK (Posts: 726; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Just in case you miss/overlook the front page on P.A, below is a link for you, Mr/Ms RESPECT-OTHER-PATENTS
Please don't forget this leave your Motto on that page!
34. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 461; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Again, to any company that uses patents without permission they should be punished including apple. If an agreement is in place, then cool. Unlike you android fanboys I don't have loyalty to any company. I have a one x and will definitely purchase the next iPhone. Samsung has blatantly copied apple several times. I personally don't give a crap but if they weren't given permission to do so, then they shouldn't use the feature. That goes for apple, Samsung, google, HTC, etc.
16. Numz (Posts: 34; Member since: 31 Oct 2009)
I really hate this line that you fanboys keeps saying. Wasn't it Steve Jobs who quoted Picasa "Good artist copy, great artist steal"?
I'm not saying that Samsung or Google, or anyone else stole anything from Apple, but if Apple does it why can't everyone else. He even goes on to say that they are shameless in doing it. So don't feed us your crap that other companies need to stop.
18. jove39 (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...Galaxy Nexus was designed to be Apple proof...even owners didn't know about this feature untill Apple highlighted...I bet even Google didn't expected that Apple will own a patent on it...anyway...who cares for something people don't even use!
24. jove39 (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Just read article on another site - go ahead and read some truth -
39. shelley.bevacqua (Posts: 76; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
Great article !! It just validates my dislike for Apple even more.
11. marchels14 (unregistered)
go Samsung go Samsung.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Nexus.. not even with JB wil lbe worth getting
19. jove39 (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
How do you know? Have you ever owned any phone with JB...or may be any Android phone?
30. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I did had Android. not going that road again. look in my profile.. JB doesnt matter. is the Nexus that has outdated specs ( acording to Android) why get a nexus when a Android shopper can get the SGSSIII which JB will be available trough XDA a few weeks if not days after Jelly Bean code is released...
36. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
At 350 bucks for a phone which still has a powerful processor and the best Android support one can ask for, as well as being unlocked without a contract, I'd say it's pretty f**king worth it.
48. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
then why is it colecting dust.. at Sprint and verizon.. look at sales... again specs only mather to geeks.. and most are salivating for the SGSIII or the RAZR
57. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Sales volume doesn't indicate value. There were and are plenty of awesome products out there which were and are great values which didn't and don't sell all that well.
Come on, Gallito. You're smarter than this.
56. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
my DX had GB.. and I still have it .. had remix helping me rooted so when my iphone trips my DX was ready for battle... but without having it rooted. my DX sucks
61. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Your DX sucks? I'm sorry.
My dad is still using the DX I bought on launch day two years ago. He uses his phone every single day for business and it works absolutely fine.
49. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Don't base your entire perspective of Android on 1 device. That's like me saying, "I had the iPhone 3G, and it sucked, so obviously the iPhone 5 will suck too." Which isn't true at all
54. jove39 (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...I had pretty bad experience with my first Android phone...tmobile galaxy s...it had 2.1 on it...and performance was terrible...but that doesn't meant one should give up...I flashed MIUI on it first and then aokp...phone is awesome ever since...will sell it to buy Nexus 7 :)
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
dont ask me for something you will dispute and call me names.. but here it is.. my support is my own personal opinion.. there it is..
27. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1650; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I actually switched back to my rooted GNEX installed a JB port and am LOVING IT. Your statement is now invalid.
32. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
never said all G Nexus.. if you have it already good for you. but if you dont have it the SGSIII is still more actractive... and your personal experience doesnt invalidate my personal opinion..
62. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
The SGSIII is DEFINITELY not more attractive than the Nexus.
It may have slightly better specs but at this point in Android that doesn't make as much of a difference as it may have in the past.
25. The_Godfather (Posts: 158; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Now Apple gonna cry like a little baby for whole year. You know why because Microsoft, Samsung, Google, Asus, Blackberry and other giants gonna blow Apple with their innovative products.
And now Apple has no way to copy their features into its platform. Because if it does so they gonna f**k Apple in big times.
35. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 461; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
You sound very ignorant and misinformed.
33. Aeires (unregistered)
Mine was delivered today, sweet phone. I was on the fence about getting it but ordered it directly after reading Apple wanted it banned. Thanks, Apple, you helped my decision to get this great phone instead of waiting for the Padfone.
37. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I guess it really was a good PR for GNex,
If Apple wanna ban it, ther must be something special about it, which mean Apple is afraid of that device. Let the truth be told. Still luv my iPhone 4, but i think JB kicked iOS6 behind, stax!
40. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I received my Galaxy Nexus and it has a purple screen.
43. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Apple has the patents on black screens and white screens :-)
42. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
G-KING - CARLOS? You had one ANDROID phone, according to your profile...
wow, meanwhile, I have now my third Android phone, and previously 2 Windows phones - your experience with smartphone is invalidated as far as we can tell.
You just lost my respect of you, even when you badmouth an OS for which you've had so little experience and knowledge of.
50. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
sometimes it only takes one time to make a first impresion... i never have claimed i was an expert in Android.. but is cool
63. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
If you let one first impression (of anything) create an opinion for life then you are cheating yourself, and everyone else who has to listen to you.
64. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
me not liking Android.. is not a forever.. Android is improving so much but unless Apple disappoints me .. I am team Apple..my favorite android phone is the RAZR Maxx.. if I had to go to Android...
44. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I remember this from the iPhone 3g, when you swiped to the left from the main home screen, the search box would pop up. Never used it or knew anyone who did. If little things like this is going to start happening, I can only wonder what will happen to Apple once Google is awarded the patent for the notification bar. Stupid stuff to try and drive any competition away from the upcoming iPhone.
45. GoBears (Posts: 384; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Apple stole that search from the modding community back in the day of the original iPhone. Apple is so pathetic for filing a patent on it.
55. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Apple can't make a phone as good as this. And this is last years. So they try to ban it
58. script_writer (banned) (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
anyone know when jelly bean is being released by OTA? i have a galaxy nexus and know it the first phone to be getting the update. i also already that its due out in 'mid july' but i want to know exactly when.
60. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't this mean that verizon almost has to give the galaxy nexus JB to keep selling it? I really don't understand how this works but i got the impression that the work around was in JB and verizon can not continue selling the nexus without Jellybean. Also they will have an angry customer fan base if they don't. Signed, A hopeful Galaxy Nexus user