ABC News: Motorola Moto X buyers will be able to add a customized engraving on the back of the phone
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2013, 16:14 posted on
According to ABC News, the eagerly awaited Motorola Moto X, the smartphone that will be built in the U.S., will offer buyers the opportunity to select from a variety of colors for the back cover and trim; earlier this year, our source told us to expect more than 20 colors to choose from. ABC also says that Moto X users will be able to have the back cover of the phone engraved with a message or a name...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It may not be a top range device, but it looks like it could easily be the best mid-ranger this year if it surpasses the HTC One Mini and Sony Xperia SP.
4. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I will not be able to sell it easily if I get my name engraved on it :P
16. boosook (Posts: 1255; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
You'll just have to change the back cover!
5. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
8. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
6. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Hmm.. sounds pretty boring to be honest. Buy your own back cover, download your own wall paper, better yet, I had that option on my 12 year old Nokia and can choose a variety of colours for the Lumia too. This is more like the BMW 3 Series of it's segment, no doubt it will sell based on it's technology and ideal size and colour covers as opposed to specs but should perform reasonably well. The HTC T6/LG G2/Lumia 1020 and Note 3 sound more the Bentley Mulsanne/RR Ghost/Range rover Sport and S 63 AMG S class, more my cup of tea
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'll buy one because it's a Motorola phone plus it will be made in America not CHINA.
11. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
This is the amazing 'customization' that they took out ads for on the fourth of July? Engravings, color, and *gasp* setting your wall paper for you? I'm extremely disappointed. Guess that the new droids will be there high end offerings...
12. euhm1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I agree, the amazing 'customization' is totally lame...
15. indianapple89 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
These are still just rumours. Nothing concrete. Why don't we wait for the launch before passing comments. Who knows? Maybe they do have some unique customizations that they've miraculously kept a secret.
13. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
You can engrave an iPad or iPod too
14. FlushGordon (unregistered)
If they can provide the best hardware for the price, then what's the point of customizing it?
Also, what's wrong with including 3 or 5 Jellycases in the package?
I don't think this gimmick will ever click...sorry...
18. buccob (Posts: 2011; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
That was really dissappointing... Colors and engraving? That will most likely end up inside a case...
I really thought Moto would offer true customization... Oh well...
19. legend1 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
if thats the case all of the buyers of this phone will get it from the online store and will be sold out forever :p
20. downphoenix (Posts: 2744; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I like the idea of it, after all people cherish their phones more than ever.
But other than the fact that its being made in America, I am not impressed. However, that tidbit alone would make me interested in owning one, because even though it is a midrange, it has a more powerful processor than my S3 does.