A7 chips for next year's Apple iPhone 6 to come from TSMC?
0. phoneArena 02 Apr 2013, 10:06 posted on
A report that originally was found in the Taiwan Economic Daily News says that inside next year's Apple iPhone 6 will be th e Apple A7 chip which will be manufactured by TSMC using the 20nm manufacturing process; the Taiwan based chipmaker will be replacing Samsung whose contract with its top rival is expiring...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nanbanda (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
so does it mean samsung gonna lose its chip business...
3. Fruitpoop (Posts: 33; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
That means Samsung will manufacture chips for other companies that WON'T sue Samsung.
5. nanbanda (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
apple is a major customer for sammy, as in previous articles sammy is in the lookout to have ties with new customers esp from china,it will take some time for sammy to recover anyhow, while for apple it will be a test as to how in terms of performance and efficiency, the new chip will fare on its hansets...
10. taikucing (Posts: 572; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Samsung makes SSD, RAM, etc for its own brand or other companies in PC business. The leaving of Apple doesn't make Samsung lose its chip business
2. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, the chip is important, but the DESIGN is MORE IMPORTANT!
6. ebubekir26 (Posts: 300; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
why, people care so mucht about the design these days, they exagerate :@
7. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
You can make the best designed phone in the world, if the hardware and software is bad nobody will buy it.
9. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, on the iPhone side, the design is more important. Try asking your parents, your friends, or the peoples outside. They will give you the answer.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 7747; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This will dent Sammy due to the sheer amount of iPhones they chip, but they'll soon recover. It's big business guys. Apple, and Sammy don't actually need each other however apples new partner had better be damn good, cuz Sammy sure is.
8. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Too bad apple wont use regular chips like everyone else because they know IOS would fail in benchmarks.