A year after: Foxconn shows first signs of improving working conditions, Apple gets a lot of the credit
0. phoneArena 27 Dec 2012, 07:56 posted on
Nearly a year passed since the New York Times came up with an eye-opening report about working conditions at Foxconn…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
First off, all those poor Chinese people in the photo-op' are under the age of 18.
Secondly, they were paddled with iPads and forced to stand there and strike-a-pose;
the yearning empty looks on their faces say it all, "Please help us!!"
5. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
what they get food a place to live healthcare and more money
4. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
next time you buy a cheap korean made phone think about how bad the workers have it for your phone to that of apples
6. Aeires (unregistered)
Until all third world countries are elevated to at least second world status, easy globilization will continue.
7. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 632; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Well if this is true, i take my hat off to you Apple, well done. (android lover)
8. Forsaken77 (Posts: 542; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
I hope everyone knows that Apple only did this because it doesn't want negative press affecting the sales of their products. Apple did this for Apple, not Foxconn employees.
14. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
What else do you want to be happy, Tim Cook starting to adopt them?
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5645; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
i would kill myself or jump over the building if i had to wear a shirt like that. I feel sorry for those workers. Even when they can't socialize or react to each other when they are not allowed too.
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Good news........really good news :)
Hats off to apple for taking responsibility upon themselves and recognizing for ONCE, that its not always about making a dollar
13. tiara6918 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Finally workers at foxconn are getting a better treatment from their work, but how about samsung?
15. cripton805 (Posts: 907; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
At Samsung, it was never reported that people commited suicide vs. going to work... If you're willing to die rather than work, sh*t must be pretty bad.
The lady that passed away from breast cancer knew she had it for three years and chose to work. It's also not proven she got breast cancer from the factory. Stay at home moms get breast cancer. It's sad, but its the truth.