A new Samsung processor alleged to be in the iPhone 5, another Apple Maps app screenshot leaks
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2012, 03:24 posted on
The latest comes from a leaked iOS 6 build, allegedly almost in its final stages of development, which reveals both hardware and software secrets about the upcoming new iterations of Apple's mobile iOS and the phone that will carry it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i wonder what would apple be without samsung :/
unlike apple, samsung makes its OWN phones not just the design and let other companies do it for them :/
8. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
These words are definitely from S-Sheep !!!
16. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I can imagine how many S-sheep are wondering here by counting the thumbs down !!
26. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
or it could just be from everyone since its a troll post. :)
I think he meant "where would apple be without samsung parts and processors".
They would probably be crapdragon infused like pretty much everything else thats not samsung
30. rf1975 (Posts: 258; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Where would Samsung without Apple orders.....
33. thedarkside (Posts: 654; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Samsung and Apple are not only competitors to each other but also customers. its just like AT&T and Verizon. Verizon is AT&T's biggest competitor but also its biggest costumer. Verizon uses AT&T's internet service.true story.
39. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That makes total sense. I am sure that AT&T uses Verizon and or Sprint fiber too. It is called redundancy.
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
there are Samsung phones with a Snapdragon chips... remix.
46. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
why yes there are. And without Samsung, iphones would probably use crapdragon chips too.. that was my point.
49. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I do believe you exynos are superior.. I wouldnt mind a iphone with a snapdragon.. I think
9. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yea apple will do ok with ARM/Intel processors, the panel from sony & LG and finally value will go down and their share will be about the same. Samsung's luck started with android and not because they are smart, its because of android. you ever notice they had not much successs with bada and their cheap phone before android was popular. and please man their phones are plastic at least put some metal or special materials
13. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Apple planned to do that with the new Ipad, but why they couldn't do that?
37. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
they just could not get ready enough panels so they had to go with plan B
27. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oh really. Samsung wasnt a huge company before android? wow, coulda fooled me.
no luck with bada? They are selling at a much higher rate than WP7 without spending tons on advertising like WP7. Bada sets sell higher than iphones in some countries.
their " plastic" is more durable than your "special materials". light weight, thinner, and stronger.
know your facts before you troll.
35. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
"Bad a sells higher than iphone in some countries"
Care to back this up with facts or are you doing your usual remix of facts.
He's right that android has led to Samsung success in the smartphone market. Samsung has been around for a while, but Rim, Nokia and others were beating. Now they are hands down THE android smartphone maker. They lead in android market share and profit.
Bad a isn't even on the map.
40. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no, its true. go use google and find it. there was a blurb about on on PA towards the end of last year if I remember right. It may or may not still be true, but it was at one time. Dude, the iphone barely sells in many western european and asian countries. It really only sells in America and a few other choice spots. Obviously Bada's low price has a lot to do with it, but in the real world outside of your fanboy head, price matters.
I still wouldnt buy it.. lol.
BTW, Samsung has been a massive supplier of phones and smart phones for a very very long time. you need to go look up a bit of history before you spout off.
34. deeoh1084 (Posts: 50; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)
dumbest comment i ever saw... Samsung was #2 in the world after Nokia before Android came out i believe and please do some research before you post something like this
55. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
exactly deeoh. samsung makes a ton of products outside of phones. they are simply trying to outsell the iphone/ipad in america. google bought out motorola, and that is a conflict of interests to manufacturers who rely on android. thus bada and other os's. im sure bada will be integrated to tsion? or whatever it was called
15. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
don't worry, Apple would have sales records even with iPhone 5 with single core and old LCD ;)
"flvrd dot com"
25. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Samsung makes their own screens, own chips, own ram...
I have to agree with this.
Samsung is one of the few phone manufactures where most of their parts are made by the manufacture.
2. dawolf (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
you spelt 'October' wrong in the first paragraph
5. baldilocks (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
You spelled 'spelled' wrong.............. ;)
24. dawolf (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
I speak the Queen's english. I don't speak american. google 'spelt' before commenting!
28. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i always wondered why they change that to "kings/queens english" depending on the monarch. Do they get to change parts of the language they dont like? Switch the meanings of words to their pleasure? Or is it just a form of respect in slang?
Actual honest question, not a troll.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i've never even heard of the SGX543RC...hm, an interesting rumor to say the least.
6. Hyde_Yamato (Posts: 22; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
samsung should not give help for apple.. and we can see how become iphone5 then. it would be very ugly and slow.
11. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yeah and samsung would be that stupid and lose their biggest customer and lose their company value