A drop of water adds macro depth to your iPhone's camera
- Larger, rounder droplets lead to higher magnification, and as the droplet evaporates and shrinks magnification decreases.
- The liquid lens is jiggly and sensitive to vibrations. The phone should be placed on a stable platform for maximum clarity.
1. dejahu (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
Good to know Macgyver is still getting work these years.
2. andro. (Posts: 1936; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
OMG! Carnage! Thousands of iphones are going to get water damaged by ifans pouring water on their iphones now. Looks like apple will be drumming up Alot more replacement iphone sales
3. -box- (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
"Amazing" camera? Sure it's good, but hardly amazing. It's no Nokia 808 PureView, which can be considered "amazing". That being said, neat idea and execution using fluid dynamics to get a different image
15. -RVM- (Posts: 329; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well, iPhone 4S camera is amazing, especially for its small size. Nokia 808's camera however, is from other world :)
26. deago78 (Posts: 157; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
PureView doesn't fall into the same category as any other phone camera. It should be compared to professional cameras. For a phone the 8MP camera on the iPhone 4S is a very clean and color temp accurate camera.
4. babyk (Posts: 221; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
And of course the HTC Amaze camera in my opinion takes better photos than both iphone 4 and 4S
5. flopjoke (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
LOL why does it sound like Phone Arena is desperately trying to be on Apple's side all the time? It's just a phone and doesn't have an "amazing" camera. My four year old Nokia N82 performs way better.
There's no point in adding water on any lens in any camera in the world. That just ruins the device, period. You paid hundreds of dollars for it and you want to put water on it?
OH WAIT! I got it! Adding water "blurs" most of the image.. which means it hides the noise which all iPhone pics have! Ahh.. yes, very useful. Except more crap on flickr from now on.
6. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
phone arena giving apple much of an exposure compared to other manufacturers. every detail of it, phonearena never misses the chance of making an article about it! hmm.. do i hear someone saying unfair? yep thats what i feel also hahaha!
7. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i'm glad they are trying to even out the field on this site... it needs more apple users... its very unbalanced in the comment sections of each article
8. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
They should just change it from Phonearena.com to iPhonearena.com...
This site is beginning to be as impartial as Fox news.
12. Obviously (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
This just in... Cup your hands around the microphone on your phone for ultimate sound quality!!
18. Obviously (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
The fact that you enjoy all those pictures you're taking of yourself is not because the camera is good, in fact it is the diminished quality of the shots that's making your ugly mug a bit blurred and therefore more appealing :)
19. Dark4o90 (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Feb 2011)
if that is the result (the flower) it's crap
24. whatevs (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Every time there is an article about an apple device on this website, tons of jealous d-bags post hate towards the device. Apple is ahead, by far, of all the competition. Nokia, Android, windows - whatever - all of these companies wish when it comes to mobile devices. iPhone by far smashes all other phones out there. Go ahead and come out with all the quad core madness. It doesn't matter, they will still glitch, lag, hesitate, hiccup and be unoptimized. You don't have to use the iphone, but don't be jealous because your POS doesn't perform to spec! Ha! Get off the apple articles! Go post on your laggy devices!! Haha!
25. frydaexiii (Posts: 1213; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
"iPhone by far smashes all other phones out there",
Made out of glass? I don't think the other phones need to bother, the stupid owner will probably drop it and smash it to bits easily.