A closer look at the Nexus Prime's possible dedicated Google+ button
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Jul 2011, 16:57
There are a number of things to worry about with this rumor, and we'll go through the whole lot as we look at the claim that the next Nexus phone will be made by HTC and have a dedicated Google+ button...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Synack posted on 11 Jul 2011, 17:56 1 0
Whatever the specs are and whoever makes it, this will be mine the day it comes out. If the only competition on who is making it is between HTC and Samsung then I think the world is in good luck, both companies make outstanding phones.
HTC EVO's - Nexus One
Samsung Galaxy Series 1 and 2 - Nexus S
2. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Jul 2011, 18:08 1 0
I thought Ice Cream phones won't have buttons? Obviously the next Nexus phone is going to have Ice Cream OS.
3. cj100570 posted on 11 Jul 2011, 18:16 0 0
Um, no.... That g+ button is about as likely as me marrying a super model. As much as Google obviously wants Google+ to be a hit, they wouldn't put a dedicated button on their flagship phone on the off chance that Google+ flops. They wouldn't want that reminder floating around on thousands of phones.
4. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Jul 2011, 18:26 0 0
Ha, I remember when PA showed leaked photos of the HTC Cha Cha or whatever it's called with the dedicated Facebook button. We all thought that was a obvious fake.
6. protozeloz posted on 11 Jul 2011, 18:46 0 0
The cha cha (to me) was supposed to be the "Facebook phone " but ended up being an Android phone with a "much deeper Facebook integration " so I don't know if that counts as beings wrong
7. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Jul 2011, 18:48 1 0
That's true, I just really hope the original rumors are true that Ice Cream devices won't have buttons. I really don't like the android soft keys and I have really gotten use to and love Honeycomb tablets. A Power button and a camera button is all it needs, IMO.
9. protozeloz posted on 11 Jul 2011, 18:55 0 0
Agreed, the honeycomb bar is quite powerful and we may find ways to put any button on it (manufacturers are already doing it) so maybe he is just talking about that
12. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Jul 2011, 19:48 0 0
Yea Ice Cream is rumored to be a nice mixture of both Honeycomb and Gingerbread. Which may not sound all that tasty, but trust me it will be LOL
14. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Jul 2011, 19:57 0 0
Not to mention, without the buttons the cell phones could be shorter or have more room for the screens without being Droid X tall. It's a good phone, but it is one of the tallest and can be uncomfortable for some.
5. protozeloz posted on 11 Jul 2011, 18:42 0 0
Don't think it will happen .... it may not be HTC And also think it may not have any buttons at all, honeycomb showed we don't need them and it leaves space for more screen on the same size device. Now that it may allow to use custom buttons and G+ is one of those .... well that's a possibility
8. alex (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 18:54 0 1
Samsung had just confirmed via twitter cause they will build the nexus with android 4.0
11. ArmageddonX posted on 11 Jul 2011, 19:16 0 0
He's trolling. There is no such confirmation on Twitter.
13. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Jul 2011, 19:50 0 0
Yea we are just getting at 3.2 for Tablets and 2.4 for cell phones, not even close to 4.0
28. Mario (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 01:44 0 0
There will not be a 2.4 only 3.2 and then later this year Google will make 4.0 ice cream. Google confirmed this. It is to combine honeycomb gingerbread and Google tv, to make it like what is on the iPad iPhone and mac
27. santod (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 00:16 0 0
via Google Translate and Phandroid: Samsung Romanian Twitter feed
15. Andrew Gravenor (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 20:21 1 1
Looks like a nexus one with the search button replace by a Google plus button, couldn't imagine that is what the nexus 3 or whatever you want to call it will look like.
16. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Jul 2011, 20:38 1 0
It's not suppose to be an actual photo of the Nexus Prime. It's just showing you what it would look like on a Nexus phone.
17. cheetah2k posted on 11 Jul 2011, 20:46 0 0
So, back to HTC which means Snapdragon innards, and possibly no SAMOLED (HTC hasn't done AMOLED since the Nexus One days and they've only built IPS (or similar) LCD displays in phones since then.
At least we might see a return to the aluminium unibody days rather than the very typical plastic offering from Samsung which is a real positive.
18. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Jul 2011, 20:51 0 0
If this is going to be called the Nexus Prime, it seems like LG is the one who is making the phone. Maybe they would use their new NOVA display that they used on the LG Black.
24. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Jul 2011, 22:22 0 0
I don't blame you. The only phone I have ever liked was the Voyager and back then it was something else. I just really liked the keyboard.
19. Drafty posted on 11 Jul 2011, 20:58 2 0
I agree with the article, I wouldn't want a dedicated g+. Nor a facebook button, not everyone is on facebook. I'd like to have a life and not want to share it with eveyone.
Going back to the article I believe that HTC, LG, Samsung are all making a phone in secret, and sending in to Google to decide on which phone will be the nexus prime.
20. ltr (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 21:07 0 0
I dont care who makes it.
If it doesnt have a 1980x1200 res, 2400 battery, 4,7 inch screen. 15.1mp camera, 3.5 ghz, Bose audio, .....the phone is fail.
23. protozeloz posted on 11 Jul 2011, 22:16 1 0
For God's sake its a Dev prone.... if you make it wayyyyy above then devs will make app that run like a sedan on a new road but have issues on less powerful devices (and yes my car analogy is horrible as I'm I car ignorant so sedan may not be the most fit)
25. dddddd (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 23:09 0 0
I honestly wouldn't mind if they just used the Nexus One's design (or refined it just a little) for the next Nexus phone. I loved that design!
26. santod (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 00:13 0 0
29. The_Miz posted on 12 Jul 2011, 03:13 1 5
Google+ is a dud. It's just trying to copy off something Facebook and twitter have already done. How about focus more on improving all the errors and bugs with Android and leave social networking to the pros.
31. trail (unregistered) posted on 29 Jul 2011, 12:50 0 0
Word I heard recently on Android Central is that it will be a Samsung Device, 4.6" screen, ICS.