A Texas company sues Apple for infringing on its voice-recognition technology with Siri, the judge recuses himself
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2012, 06:36 posted on
As we've learned by now, Apple's not the only company that can sue others... others can sue it too! And by the looks of it, even some unknown companies aren't afraid to do it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I hope they get sued for over a billion dollars. Apple's end is near!
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
Oh I know another company is going to sue Apple: Goophone. Goophone said Apple copied their design for iPhone 5.
16. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i agree man....if apple ends i will dance and give party......
33. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
So you will never dance and have a party.
37. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Give it time. People said the exact same thing about BB in 2009. People said the same about Nokia in 2006. Look where they're at now.
2. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
at least the judge is honest enough to recuse himself, unlike some californian jury.
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Lol ... Two patent trolls pitted against each other :D
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Does that means? Siri is a copycat? :(
14. Ray.S (Posts: 296; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
What?! Noooooooooo.... ooooooooo .... oooooooo (falls breathlessly).
17. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Ray, I didn't know I had that effect on you why,
"i" am Touched...........
(let me know if I can help you get up')?
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
More likely Apple is a copycat. The question then becomes to what extent are the other voice-enabled apps (Google Now for example) infringing? Of course, we are also presuming that RPI's patent is valid.
5. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
For the record, the judge was not Lucy Ho; she's been asked several times to recuse herself and her only response is to say, "i Refuse."
8. Aeires (unregistered)
So a troll sues a troll, I don't have a problem with that.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Live by the sword, die by the sword. Or, Apple is reaping what they have sown.
On a more serious note, if RPI has a patent that pre-dates Sri, Apple should share. If the role was reversed, we KNOW Apple would seek a sales ban.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Another day another lawsuit bro. Guess we'll see how this one goes huh?
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This little dust-up is just getting started. It will be interesting to watch it evolve.
In the interim, I am much more interested in Sammy's approach to getting Apple's jury verdict popped by getting Apple's patents re-examined by the USPTO. Apple could end up holding an empty bag (or, a bag full of sh*t)....
15. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
its funny that apple has more money that the US government...
28. CDGMobile (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
LOL Apple has more money than the U.S. government, Apple better thank who ever they believe in for being based in the USA the great country that it is for letting them flourish without restrictions
60. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I don't think that funny because our goverment let apple to cheat their tax scale so we can have american brand name to over take the world. So the world can brag about it. We are live under hyprecative.
23. anshul0000 (unregistered)
haha...i wish more unknown companies sue apple..
31. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Com'on everyone jump in the wagon to get $800 Billion Apple have and let see how cook turn. Apple doesn't do as their promise any way. I am lost my confindent of apple any way who care.
39. BlowJOBS (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
darkkjedi is a blind apple fanboy not boy how about tra**y!suits him.No one can change his apple devotion not even his dear mom.let him bark.Barking dog seldom bites
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Darkkjedii is a grown man who's works hard, and buys what he wants with his hard earned cash. I'm not a tra**y, and there's no need to bring my mother into this. I don't bark either...I jus don't sweat Internet toughies. Have a good day sir.
51. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
pmsl trying to take the highground now i see, classic for you isnt it
start your apple crap then when your shot down try act mature and peaceful. ''internet toughies'' you mean like yourself stop crying about what others say when you do the same. so hypercritical
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're calling me a tra**y and your screen name is blowj**s oooooookayyyyyy
55. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
See the connection there?
52. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Wow is PhoneArena really so uninformed as to think no small companies have ever sued Apple? I can't tell if that first statement was suppose to be a joke or not. The quality of these posts are deteriorating real fast, so I'm likely to believe its part of this trend. I'm sure you can use your own search bar on your website and find a million other stories you posted involving small companies in Texas, especially patent trolls, suing Apple.
57. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Juicy J track. Patents that make them dance ft 2Chainz & Lil Wayne.