A Texas company sues Apple for infringing on its voice-recognition technology with Siri, the judge recuses himself
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Oct 2012, 06:36
As we've learned by now, Apple's not the only company that can sue others... others can sue it too! And by the looks of it, even some unknown companies aren't afraid to do it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf posted on 26 Oct 2012, 06:38 27
I hope they get sued for over a billion dollars. Apple's end is near!
7. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 26 Oct 2012, 07:02 17
Oh I know another company is going to sue Apple: Goophone. Goophone said Apple copied their design for iPhone 5.
16. tusshharish posted on 26 Oct 2012, 07:39 8
i agree man....if apple ends i will dance and give party......
33. The.Dark.Knight.Rises posted on 26 Oct 2012, 10:27 2
So you will never dance and have a party.
37. PapaSmurf posted on 26 Oct 2012, 11:27 4
Give it time. People said the exact same thing about BB in 2009. People said the same about Nokia in 2006. Look where they're at now.
2. someones4 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 06:41 15
at least the judge is honest enough to recuse himself, unlike some californian jury.
3. rusticguy posted on 26 Oct 2012, 06:42 3
Lol ... Two patent trolls pitted against each other :D
14. Ray.S posted on 26 Oct 2012, 07:25 3
What?! Noooooooooo.... ooooooooo .... oooooooo (falls breathlessly).
17. PAPINYC posted on 26 Oct 2012, 08:01 3
Ray, I didn't know I had that effect on you why,
"i" am Touched...........
(let me know if I can help you get up')?
13. Droid_X_Doug posted on 26 Oct 2012, 07:24 2
More likely Apple is a copycat. The question then becomes to what extent are the other voice-enabled apps (Google Now for example) infringing? Of course, we are also presuming that RPI's patent is valid.
5. PAPINYC posted on 26 Oct 2012, 06:46 7
For the record, the judge was not Lucy Ho; she's been asked several times to recuse herself and her only response is to say, "i Refuse."
8. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 26 Oct 2012, 07:09 6
So a troll sues a troll, I don't have a problem with that.
10. Droid_X_Doug posted on 26 Oct 2012, 07:18 3
Live by the sword, die by the sword. Or, Apple is reaping what they have sown.
On a more serious note, if RPI has a patent that pre-dates Sri, Apple should share. If the role was reversed, we KNOW Apple would seek a sales ban.
12. darkkjedii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 07:23 1
Another day another lawsuit bro. Guess we'll see how this one goes huh?
21. Droid_X_Doug posted on 26 Oct 2012, 08:32 0
This little dust-up is just getting started. It will be interesting to watch it evolve.
In the interim, I am much more interested in Sammy's approach to getting Apple's jury verdict popped by getting Apple's patents re-examined by the USPTO. Apple could end up holding an empty bag (or, a bag full of sh*t)....
15. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 26 Oct 2012, 07:26 5
its funny that apple has more money that the US government...
28. CDGMobile posted on 26 Oct 2012, 09:07 0
LOL Apple has more money than the U.S. government, Apple better thank who ever they believe in for being based in the USA the great country that it is for letting them flourish without restrictions
60. Friendlysky posted on 30 Oct 2012, 18:57 0
I don't think that funny because our goverment let apple to cheat their tax scale so we can have american brand name to over take the world. So the world can brag about it. We are live under hyprecative.
23. anshul0000 (unregistered) posted on 26 Oct 2012, 08:35 1
haha...i wish more unknown companies sue apple..
31. Friendlysky posted on 26 Oct 2012, 09:32 0
Com'on everyone jump in the wagon to get $800 Billion Apple have and let see how cook turn. Apple doesn't do as their promise any way. I am lost my confindent of apple any way who care.
39. BlowJOBS posted on 26 Oct 2012, 12:45 1
darkkjedi is a blind apple fanboy not boy how about tra**y!suits him.No one can change his apple devotion not even his dear mom.let him bark.Barking dog seldom bites
48. darkkjedii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 17:07 0
Darkkjedii is a grown man who's works hard, and buys what he wants with his hard earned cash. I'm not a tra**y, and there's no need to bring my mother into this. I don't bark either...I jus don't sweat Internet toughies. Have a good day sir.
51. chaoticrazor posted on 26 Oct 2012, 17:16 0
pmsl trying to take the highground now i see, classic for you isnt it
start your apple crap then when your shot down try act mature and peaceful. ''internet toughies'' you mean like yourself stop crying about what others say when you do the same. so hypercritical
49. darkkjedii posted on 26 Oct 2012, 17:09 0
You're calling me a tra**y and your screen name is blowj**s oooooookayyyyyy
52. aoikemono27 posted on 26 Oct 2012, 19:48 0
Wow is PhoneArena really so uninformed as to think no small companies have ever sued Apple? I can't tell if that first statement was suppose to be a joke or not. The quality of these posts are deteriorating real fast, so I'm likely to believe its part of this trend. I'm sure you can use your own search bar on your website and find a million other stories you posted involving small companies in Texas, especially patent trolls, suing Apple.
57. archangel9 posted on 27 Oct 2012, 18:25 0
Juicy J track. Patents that make them dance ft 2Chainz & Lil Wayne.