A Korean media rekindles rumors of a Galaxy Note 3 with flexible display, claims it's coming next month
0. phoneArena 24 Sep 2013, 01:53 posted on
Despite the fact that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ranked among the biggest product launches in the mobile space this year, with all that's been going on, Sammy's phablet has been forced into the back of our minds...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pankajgupta (Posts: 59; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
A rumor for sure. But will be good if it actually happens.
Will result in many more innovative uses and functions.
2. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
The Note 3 is like the iPhone 5s, just a short bus stop until the real deal (Note 4 and iPhone 6) comes ut, so I doubt this!
3. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
wait the galaxy note 3 was unveiled?
6. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
So the note 3 might still get the flexible display. I almost guarentee that you wont be able the bend the device which makes putting a flexible display in it completely pointless!!
7. tedkord (Posts: 7939; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No it doesn't. It makes the screen much harder to crack if you drop it.
13. nctx77 (Posts: 1270; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Wrong, the screen doesn't crack, but the glass does.
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3612; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes we won't be able to bend the device, still they are putting a flexible display, who knows it might happen in the future. Also if phone falls down then this screen helps to adjust according to surfaces in some sorts so that it resists itself from damaging more than today's screens.
11. NickSDC (Posts: 18; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Sweet. The plastic back *and* front. Good job Sammy. "Customers complaining about plastic? You get MORE PLASTIC." Lol.
Lets break this down. Plastic screens will scratch, won't crack. Glass screens will crack, harder to scratch. If the Note 3 is the same quality construction as the previous gen, I don't think a plastic screen is necessary. Mine was dropped several times, various heights. Body glove slim case. And held up like a champ. I assume this plastic screen may be more for marketing but who knows.
15. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Even though I think bendable displays for smart phones are going to be pretty useless, they do have potential so I'm going to wait and see. Plus they are STRONGER than current screens.
Here's just one example:
12. Knightmare64 (Posts: 29; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
Would be AWESOME. Less cracked screens,.
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
If this true just glad i skipped all the other GALAXY PHONE/NOTE'S. and hope it will come with KITKAT out of the box.
16. warren24 (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
phonearena please....the korean interenet press is often uncredible source that is often run by a bunch of interns who generate rumors to gain clicks...
this isnt even worth reading...