HTC Droid Eris Preliminary Specifications
This article contains unofficial information.
1. rjt185 (Posts: 257; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)
This should be a nice "alternative" to the HTC Imagio. And definitely an alternative for those who either don't need a keyboard or can't afford the Droid. Either way, I'm very curious for this potential HTC LEO slash HD2 possibly coming to VZW as the "Passion."
2. biggles (Posts: 222; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
Yeah, how much for the Passion? I hope we hear more rumors on that phone. If it's really coming this holiday season, I'll hold out. If it's more of a 1H '10 phone, I'll get the Droid Eris on a 1 year contract since it's so cheap. Sounds like Android 2.0 will be coming to the Hero cousin soon enough anyway, though I'd like the bigger screen.
3. Kiltlifter (Posts: 742; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
yeah if there was a Moto DROID w/o keyboard I would buy it as the screen would still be 3.7 but it would be thinner and lighter. Besides... my fingers are too big for those qwerty keyboards anyways, but the Suretype with [qw] [er] [ty] combined keys is much faster and easier to use when on the screen for me. I have the XV6900/Touch CDMA/Vogue and i love the compact [QW][ER][TY]!
4. kilari (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Oct 2009)
Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum. I want one. Hell at $99 I'll take 2, on Sprint.
6. VZWfangirl (Posts: 71; Member since: 25 Jul 2009)
If they sell this for $99 there are going to stay out of stock until January.
7. ICanAffordVZW (Posts: 123; Member since: 15 Dec 2008)
I hope they stay sold out til January anyways. That means my store check will be insane!
8. iberrystorm (Posts: 67; Member since: 12 Jun 2009)
good thing about this: YES ONLY 99 bucks for a great android phone downside: why is this great phone only 100 bucks!
9. E-Z DUZ-IT (Posts: 36; Member since: 17 Mar 2009)
don't know if I'm tripping but I believe i read somewhere that this phone supposedly has a faster processor I think it was 800 MHz I could be wrong don't hang me on this I'm just saying cause its priced cheaper than the droid
10. theman414 (Posts: 132; Member since: 08 Jun 2009)
If this droid is anything like the iphone, then it's way better without the keyboard that is being offered by Motorola anyway. $99... Hats off to VZW for getting something right.
11. dubracer223 (Posts: 46; Member since: 16 Mar 2009)
just got back from kickoff meeting and area pres confirmed $99 to be the price...most likely after m.i.r. did not mention price on the moto though.