9:42 AM is Apple's favorite time of the day, and here is why it will stay that way
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2012, 04:46 posted on
Ever wondered why every iPhone or iPad displayed in an Apple ad or press shot always has its time set to 9:42 or 9:41 AM? Well, prepare to be underwhelmed by the somewhat boring answer to that question...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Well .. There are so many other things where they can show their perfections ..
2. Tatperson (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
All of HTC's dummy phones and advertisements show the time 10:08. Why? I don't know.
4. droidnator (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
I have noticed and wondered the same thing about HTC!
15. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
I'm looking at an HTC Evo 3D dummy that says 10:08, a Vivid LTE that says 12:08, an Inspire that says 10:08, and an Evo Shift 4G that says 12:00
20. ladyhaly (Posts: 106; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Look at clocks on shop displays as well as clock advertisements (analog ones) and you'll see that they're showing the same time. 10:08 or 10:10 gives the impression that the analog clock is "smiling" and is believed to attract consumers' eyes.
stella/10_08_why_analog_watche s_are_set_to_this_time_in_adve rtisements_2006_12_12_12_04_34
16. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
It's the same time Mr. Jobs used to rub one out to his earnings figures. Every. Damn. Day.
6. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
u seriously have no other articles to write???
11. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
That was the time when they won their first patent-case in court? wouldn't be surprised.
13. AndresJ (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
or it's just a random number, that makes people quarrel!
14. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I've got it! It's from the bible:
Even while the boy was coming, the demon threw him to the ground in a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the evil spirit, healed the boy and gave him back to his father.
But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.
Not sure what apple means by this...
18. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Yea the second one speaks more to Apple somehow...
19. RandomlyPsychotic (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
the galaxy nexus always displays the time at 4:00 :OOOO