8MP front-facing cameras? They could be closer than you think
0. phoneArena 11 May 2013, 12:35 posted on
We were all somewhat surprised when we heard that the followup to the Oppo Find 5 could have an 8MP front-facing camera, but it looks like this isn't just a one-off. There are at least two more devices on the horizon with 8MP front-facing shooters, and as we know in the mobile world, it just takes a few devices to start a trend that more and more hardware manufacturers will follow...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung Galaxy S5 - 28MP rear camera & 18MP front camera?
HTC Two - 28UP rear camera & 18UP front camera (Ultrapixel)?
Nokia Lumia 909 - 61MP rear camera & 31MP front camera (PureView)?
Sony Xperia i2 - 38MP rear camera & 28MP front camera (Exmor RS Cybershot)?
This is the power of imagination with innovation.
15. jcarrigan (unregistered)
the htc 2 would have a 8mp(ultra pixel camera)
since the htc one is a 4mp(ultra pixel)
And im fine with a 13mp camera and maybe a 8mp front facing but i feel they need to put more effort in the other aspects of a phone. Once i have a phone with a 13mp it will replace my digital camera and im good. :)
25. lallolu (Posts: 305; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
You mean HTC One 2? lolz
34. poopApple (banned) (Posts: 38; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
28 MP ultrapixel camera? that would cover the entire back..lol
5. Jason2k13 (Posts: 835; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
2mp front facing camera is good enough, we only need more if people want to take better quality duckfaces
16. jcarrigan (unregistered)
yeah when did that weird duckface thing start?
18. jcarrigan (unregistered)
ugh, some peoples children!
26. roscuthiii (Posts: 1921; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Ugh... duckface. Everytime I see duckface I just want to introduce them to my Swingline.
"Haf you theen my thtapler?"
10. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Wow my internet bill will rise up sky high lol Imagine 8 mp video chat for skype....
If an 8mp front facing camera arrives, Skype will probably reduce the 8 MP size by 1MP or something while in video.
24. threed61 (Posts: 165; Member since: 27 May 2011)
i would think it could lead to some serious hits on a limited data plan.
19. jibraihimi (Posts: 713; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So get ready to see more Duck-face pic on Instagram, Facebook, Picassa etc...........
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
8 megapixel Front facing camera: check.
13 megapixel Primary camera: check
3 megapixel cameras on each (right+left) side.
So callers can see the whole 'world' around you.
23. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's the second time you're asking me.
And no, i don't do parties. (second time i'm answering)
22. XaErO (Posts: 262; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Can' say whether it will be useful or not !!
27. darkskoliro (Posts: 1058; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Well I just want a FF camera that works good in low light, because it always seems so hard to have less-noisy pictures when using the ff camera.
28. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Agreed, I don't think that's too much to ask. Maybe HTC will put a front facing ultra-pixel camera in their next phone?
29. aditya.k (Posts: 492; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
The mt6589 supports upto 13 MP camera. Guess which one they are using!? :/
30. Shubham412302 (Posts: 338; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
phonearena do you yo really know why there is 8mp camera on oppo find.
because it has snapdragon 800 and 8mp camera is required for 4k video recording
33. aditya.k (Posts: 492; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
You need more than 8 MP to record 4k videos. 8.8 MP to be precise! So a minimum of 13MP camera must be there!
35. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
why is 13mp the minimum if you only need 8.8mp? component manufactures have no problem putting out 0.3mp ffc for VGA, 1.2mp for 720p and 2.2mp for 1080p. if 8.8mp is the minimum for 4k, id expect to see 8.8mp ffc's not 13mp...
36. aditya.k (Posts: 492; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
I meant to say as a standard. 5, 8, 13 MP have become a standard. Yeah, you can use a 8.8 MP camera, something like on Lumia 920! :)
31. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Too bad you'll still look fat and ugly no matter what the megapixels. At least I do....
37. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
awesome! but again even though its 8MP its not an HD camera! not that great!