88 Microsoft Surface RT tablets combined creating a digital piano of monstrous size
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2013, 08:54 posted on
The Windows RT based Surface tablet isn't selling all that well, so Microsoft probably has enough of them lying around. Or at least enough to create this gigantic digital "piano", which you're about to see in the video below. It is made of 88 Microsoft Surface RT tablets laid side by side, with each unit representing a piano key and producing the corresponding note when its touchscreen is tapped...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1267; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
This is interesting! And I thought pianos had 81 keys :-s
3. gallison1983 (Posts: 41; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Quick, call Tom Hanks! We need a rendition of Chopsticks, stat!
4. tech2 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So thats what they are doing with all those spare Windows RT left in the inventory !
6. dorianb (Posts: 381; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
That would have been much easier to play had they made a 7" model. Probably pull off some more advanced songs too.
10. gazmatic (Posts: 600; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
most ridiculous thing I have ever seen
they should donate them all to charity to make up for being so lame
11. kanagadeepan (Posts: 664; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Nero played the fiddle as Rome burned... Ballmer playing Piano here...
12. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 213; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Does the Nokia Moscow premier has something to do with a Windows RT tablet? The invites had photo of a piano.