84% of IT business buyers to purchase an iPad over the next 90 days
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2012, 09:15 posted on
Demand for the iPad has been huge and you don’t need the studies to see it - shipping times for the third-gen iPad have slipped to a couple of weeks…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 117; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Another Apple article tellin' the same thing. Of course, demand for the new iPad is gonna be sky-high. No doubt about it. Afterall, it's a resolutionary product of the most "innovative" company!
13. bigboy029 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
I think the point was to show how lots of businesses are starting to attempt to increase productivity by purchasing and using tablets, which is really cool. I think this is what tablets are great for!
16. PhoneLuver (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I really don't see why!
I have an iPad2. It's good device, but it's not a productivity tool!
Smart businesses will hold out for a 3G/4G capable Android Transformer or Windows 8 Transformer type devices.
It just makes more business sense to be able to connect a mouse/memory stick and have a decent keypad with a "tab" button for example.
2. dejahu (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
Surprising that these companies would list the Samsung Android tabs as their preferred alternative to the iPad than an Asus Prime. Shows that the market's focus is overwhelmingly fixed on the iPad and is unaware of what the current superior Android tablet is.
3. thnkthru3 (Posts: 70; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
God pre ordered the Apple iPad 3...and had to go on a waiting list.
5. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
But the Devil already got his!!! It was part of the deal he and Jobs made...
7. itiswhatitis (Posts: 419; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
It says mines gonna ship on 19th,what's your date?
4. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Oh boy, this world is screwed...Big businesses being run by Apple products? I hope the world ends by then...
6. Pdubb (Posts: 234; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
84% of the 22% of the1600 of IT buyers that will streamline is not huge demand! There is huge demand for the iPad but this survey does not point to that demand.
8. itiswhatitis (Posts: 419; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
That means 295 out of 352 companies are gonna get ipads!
10. itiswhatitis (Posts: 419; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Which is not a big amount when you look at 1600
14. Penny (Posts: 951; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Still huge demand, but I agree with pointing out the 84% or 22% fine print. By the title of this article, one might assume 84% of all business IT buyers are planning on buying the iPad, because that is exactly what the title says. In reality, only 22% of business IT buyers are planning on buying tablets, and 84% of those individuals are choosing the iPad.
In short, the number in the title should be less than 19%, at least if the goal were accuracy and not sensationalism.
9. ddxmms (Posts: 141; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
i think the businessmen need simple OS and very rich app store..
11. toystore (Posts: 14; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
sorry I forgot to mention that survey was only in "Cupertino town" ...
12. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
IT LOOKS LIKE TRUE
ios apps some are qwality premium
BUT STILL RESTRICTED
15. Bigbluetundra (Posts: 45; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
75% of the time, it works everytime....