8 gorgeous phones made of metal and premium materials
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3189; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'd take Lenovo...the specs are good enough!! 4000mAh battery is a killer sell!!
11. AnTuTu (Posts: 1427; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Would love to see a review between Note 4 and Lenovo vibe 2 :)
47. Ashoaib (Posts: 2916; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
lenovo vibe z pro is really a very manly phone... I hope it will be a hit if priced lower than other flagships
48. Ashoaib (Posts: 2916; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
among all phones above, iphone is the oldest boring design
2. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1690; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
One and Vibe looks better than the rest.
44. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
That's a bold statement from an Xperia fan. How would you rank the leaked Z3?
3. gigaraga (Posts: 1440; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Galaxy Alpha looks top notch and sharp. Also Z2 (because metal frames + different back is the best)
43. tech2 (Posts: 3057; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The same was said about the 'plastic' GS4 and GS5 but they went to sell the higher then any android phone ever sold till date.
I love when people consider themselves analyst and believe they're better and smarter then a company with $7 billion turnover a quarter.
Don't underestimate the competition.
49. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3189; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm referring to "die" with reference to the battery!!
50. tech2 (Posts: 3057; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Well Mr. Analyst maybe you didn't analyse hard enough.
The phone rocks first of a kind 20nm chipset which is 25% more power efficient add to that the unique implementation of UPSM. Not to mention the implementation of LucidLogic tech.
Samsung has never let down in battery department. Even GS5 with 2800mah lasts almost as long as 3200mah of Sony's Z2.
Try harder next time.
4. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
iPhone design looks old despite "premium" body. It's like 65 years old high end whore. Anyway I can't argue with other people's taste.
53. clovis6780 (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
Agreed. Whoever wrote that copy must have written it a few years ago.
There's no second opinion about it, folks – the iPhone 5s ranks among of the best-looking smartphones one can get. Glass, metal, and stainless steel are fused together to create Apple's iconic handset. And it doesn't only look gorgeous. The iPhone 5s is put together with utmost attention to detail, which is something one can clearly see and feel as soon as they get the hold of Apple's handset.
7. magnanimus (Posts: 418; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I feel that Samsung is trying to make a point with the Galaxy Alpha XD
Samsung: so I heard you like the iPhone, well take an almost exact replica with "premium" elements.
iPeople: why should I get it, it has a low res screen, bad battery, no micro SD, no IR blaster and its expensive.
Samsung: You just described the iPhone.
iPeople: But it has a plastic back and its using android.
Samsung: How's that non-removable battery and non customisable OS working out for you.
iPeople: *frustrated* it doesn't have the apple logo on it.
Samsung: well...... You got us there bud
8. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Before ifans cut my throat off I own and use a 5s but I think the galaxy alpha is the most sexiest amongst the list for me. That s2 like design with metal around it is just awesome. The whole phone speaks some type of classiness and personality.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 16183; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The M8 is the most beautiful of the bunch, followed closely by the 5S. The blue s5 is also gorgeous.
52. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My blue S5 comes in tomorrow. Goodbye M8 helloooooo S5. :)
10. Arthurhkt (Posts: 278; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
What about Lumia 930? The back cover maybe a polycarbonate, but the aluminium frame is quite premium to me, in my opinion.
36. ikenvape (Posts: 136; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Materials man, not the top phones. All WP (Officially) are plastic. Thick and durable but still plastic and if you have to put one Nokia, you might as well put them all up. They're practically identical.
16. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
They should include just fully metal phone.
I don't know how other phones are include.
930 should have been here......really poor selection.
12. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Z2 is by far the best of that group. It's maybe the sexiest phone I've ever seen. I love my opo but my z2 is tops
13. Dee79 (Posts: 159; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
8 "gorgeous" phones!!!
Seriously PA you need to get out more lol, yeh i like my phones but i wouldn't start dribbling over any phone haha
17. mokhtar (Posts: 392; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Sony xperia z2 is the best quality phone, u tell me htc one m8 i tell u m8 cant survive in selt water for 6 weeks and no smartphone can do it.. SONY
18. banglazbless (Posts: 63; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
That galaxy alpha is so beautiful it gives me butterflie
19. banglazbless (Posts: 63; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
That galaxy alpha is so beautiful it gives me butterflie
24. camera531 (Posts: 288; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I think there's a big error in this article. Unless I'm wrong, the Huawei is all plastic. The P6 was the metal one. The new one's frame is fake metal (like the GS5).
27. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
This article is written only about bashing Samsung flagship phones and point the iPhone unibody "premium aluminium"....."supremacy".
45. xperian (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
How is this article bashing samsung? It included that ugly plastic Galaxy Alpha
31. Ninetysix (Posts: 1960; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I keep on refreshing the page but I'm only see the Samsung Galaxy S2?
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 16183; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's all I see too. I'm simply not understanding the choice of body styles, they went backwards all the way around with this device. The body is 2011, and the innards are slightly newer. I just can't embrace it, Samsung really dropped the ball with this. It won't sell well either.
38. theguy2345 (Posts: 1076; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
Even though it is not my fancy, the Lumia 925 is a really nice phone and it has metal on it. Still want the HTC one with WP, though
39. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 721; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Metal phones are usually a design-mess due to the fact that joints and seams are unavoidable; I'd take unibody polycarbonate any day...
40. Rocket (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
That lenovo vibe z2 pro looks/is sweet.
Sadly doesn't support at&t lte :(
41. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Yeah, Vibe has a great look to it imo.
42. parthoman (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
the LG's M8 felt metallic to me , while its sad they didnt covered the blackberrry porche designed Z10 that was a hell of a phone.
46. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
it would have been a great article if they would just spare us the chinese copy brands in each list, as these phones are generally not liked or not available.
54. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
i Like Lenovo Vibe Z2 pro and HTC One design, other is just.... meh...