8" Microsoft Surface Mini rumored to sport air gestures control, 1080p display
0. phoneArena 17 Dec 2013, 09:38 posted on
Microsoft's Surface Mini is likely to arrive with a 1080p display, say insiders, and sport air gestures. Wait, what, there will be a mini version of the Surface?! Yep, it seems poised to arrive some time next year with an 8" Full HD screen, just like the rumored Nokia Lumia 2020 tablet was...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. taikucing (unregistered)
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
With RT, yes. But if it had full Windows, it would be like ultracompact laptop, which would be nice.
16. jove39 (Posts: 1400; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
May be MS won't put real windows on their 8" tabs...hope to see more tabs like venue 8 pro next year.
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Junk because it has RT, which means it's not as good as it would be.
15. YuLeven (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 May 2013)
My Widows RT tablet feels great, thank you.
17. papss (unregistered)
Its not as good as it would be? Not making sense ogre...
19. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
"The Surface Mini is said to arrive with Windows 8.1 (what else), and a Bay Trail chipset, which would ensure quite the longevity."
Read before you comment TROLL..!!
20. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
If they can make full Windows tablet, why make restricted one? Apple doesn't make iPad with iOS lite and Google Nexus lite. And I meant if it had RT it would be junk.
24. elitewolverine (Posts: 2744; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Yea they do, can the iPad do everything the osx mac can?
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If I'm going to get a tablet that's 8", I'd get the Mini 2.
5. xq10xa (Posts: 199; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Or a Nexus 7! The first one has been very reliable to me. I am interested to try the Nexus 7 2.
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
OR if 7" is too small Gpad GPE... But Nexus 7 and Mini 2 are kings of small tablets.
13. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Nexus 7 is more a big phone than a tablet, but that's a great big phone!
23. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I think those are all awsome choices, but I just havn't found any need for an 8 inch device. I use a Note 10.1 for school and I kind of wish it was 11-12 inches. I use my phone for all other computing stuff. What exactly are the common uses for a 7-8inch device? I think it is too small for video viewing, note taking, and any other productive work and I think it is too big to be considered trully mobile like a phone. Why have one other than the good ol' 'just for fun' excuse?
4. Lycan155 (Posts: 113; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Dont like the concept of the kickstand on 8 inch portrait mode
7. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I think this is the Lumia 2020 renamed and with some hardware improvemnts. But i'd seriosly consider this... Come on! it can ran any windows 8 app!!! But MS will surely price it above $500 even for its basic version.
9. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
This is better than the 8" Lumia because it's full Windows 8.1, not RT 8.1. RT isn't bad, but why not have the full OS?
12. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
If looking for compact Windows tablet, Dell Venue 8 Pro is now the king.
14. Tuxedo (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
I'm much more impressed with my Tegra 3 powered Surface RT than with the Tegra 3 powered Nexus 7 (2012) I used to have. IMO, WinRT is just lacking apps; other than that, I think it is superior to Android and iOS. I think it is extremely and unfairly underrated.
18. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1270; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks Bay trial is an x86 Intel CPU they only run Full Windows 8.1 WOW Microsoft is putting out a full window 8.1- 8 inch non Windows RT Tablet. The last Rumor we heard Microsoft's "Mini Surface" was to be a Windows RT tablet. they changed their mind. Looks Like Microsoft itself will have 2 Full Windows tablets and 2 Windows 8.1 RT tablets which are The MS "Surface 2" and The MS "Lumia 2520" Nokia designed tablet
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Hmm may replace this one from my 2011 nexus 7
22. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I agree that hand gestures should be part of the future, but come on, that stuff is so gimmicky right now. Who uses that crap? If I flick it off will it automatically turn air gestures off?