75% of the world's population owns a cell phone
1. ahomad posted on 24 Jul 2012, 06:35 1 0
100% is quite impossible, take into account the poor, sick, very old and very young individuals who can't use mobile phones.
4. Ohrules posted on 24 Jul 2012, 07:07 2 0
umm.....the number of subs may be equal to population if some people have more than one subscription
6. Veigald posted on 24 Jul 2012, 07:30 1 0
Or higher, even. Phone penetration in countries like Norway, Sweden, Netherlands etc are up to 130%.
2. mercorp posted on 24 Jul 2012, 06:46 0 0
How many of these 75% own iphones,androids,windows phones,etc?
5. JunitoNH posted on 24 Jul 2012, 07:27 0 1
I find those numbers very difficult to believe. By choice, I refuse to purchase a smartphone. Anyway, the actual number is probably around 33%. If you travel, you know those numbers are a total fabrication. Maybe around the teen-young demographics holds true.
11. JunitoNH posted on 24 Jul 2012, 16:57 0 0
thank you for the correction, cellphone it's. Number still too high. Anyway, gave you the thumb up, for doing the correction in a mature fashion. :)
7. tegradragon posted on 24 Jul 2012, 07:41 1 0
That's a big number! Who would've expected that two decades ago?
But then no one expected Nokia to go near broke 17 years ago. ;)
10. disneydad posted on 24 Jul 2012, 10:48 0 0
I believe smartphone percentage will jump dramatically once the developing world moves to 3G/4G networks. In most developed countries it's already over 50%. Just need the data networks to catch up...