75% of the world's population owns a cell phone
1. ahomad (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 May 2012)
100% is quite impossible, take into account the poor, sick, very old and very young individuals who can't use mobile phones.
4. Ohrules (Posts: 326; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
umm.....the number of subs may be equal to population if some people have more than one subscription
6. Veigald (Posts: 260; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Or higher, even. Phone penetration in countries like Norway, Sweden, Netherlands etc are up to 130%.
2. mercorp (Posts: 992; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
How many of these 75% own iphones,androids,windows phones,etc?
5. JunitoNH (Posts: 1232; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I find those numbers very difficult to believe. By choice, I refuse to purchase a smartphone. Anyway, the actual number is probably around 33%. If you travel, you know those numbers are a total fabrication. Maybe around the teen-young demographics holds true.
11. JunitoNH (Posts: 1232; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
thank you for the correction, cellphone it's. Number still too high. Anyway, gave you the thumb up, for doing the correction in a mature fashion. :)
7. tegradragon (Posts: 68; Member since: 23 May 2012)
That's a big number! Who would've expected that two decades ago?
But then no one expected Nokia to go near broke 17 years ago. ;)
10. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I believe smartphone percentage will jump dramatically once the developing world moves to 3G/4G networks. In most developed countries it's already over 50%. Just need the data networks to catch up...