7 smartphone displays compared in a video
- Samsung with the Omnia, Omnia II, Omnia HD and Galaxy
- HTC with the Hero and Touch Pro2
- Apple with the iPhone 3GS
The testing has been carried out in various conditions with all the screens showing one and the same picture at the handset maximum contrast setting. We are of the opinion the Omnia HD delivers the best image quality and yields to the iPhone in direct sunlight only. Take a look for yourself and don´t forget to sound off your opinion in the comments below.
source: HDBlog.it (translated)
1. gomets15217 (Posts: 38; Member since: 13 Jul 2008)
that video was like, 6 minutes longer than necessary
2. jkuosc (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
I think the iphone had the best quality followed by the omnia hd
6. MTLance (unregistered)
I guess among those design iPhone is the best looking one. I can't really believe the iPhone got beaten by other phone in the dark. Still it is just a random comparison maybe they should use Palm Pre, Apple iPhone 3GS, Nokia N97, and BB Storm that would be nice to see who actually wins.
3. JakedGr8 (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Aug 2009)
I really enjoyed that a lot. I'm very surprised by the iphone 3gs's performance in low light.
4. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Omnia HD best in the dark and in normal light conditions. iPhone obviously the best in direct sunlight.
5. behold--me (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
omnia hd is awesome......hate to admit it but apple was tied w samsung.
7. ReeseyCup79 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 May 2010)
I don't belive that the iPhone 3GS did poorly in low light, under standard settings the iPhone dims in low light as a safety feature and to save power, if that feature was turned off, the resultes would have been different.